E I G H T

"What are we gonna do!?" Harley said pulling on Floyd's arms as he carefully rounded up all the files into a bag.
"We need to wait. Think this through. If we make any mistakes we're goners.' His gruff voice responded. Harley was shocked. Wait?
"Nonononononono NO NO NO."
"Shh, they'll hear us. Harley. HARLEY"
"I SAID NO!" She pouted, feeling her eyes growing hot and stinging. The blank faces started back at her. "We're not waiting! We need ta know what happened to Ivy, th-this Dr Strange, all this-"
Footsteps.
"Hide!" Hissed Lawton.
They hid pretty well for a room lacking much furniture. But the girl simply raised her head, crossed her arms and closed her eyes.
"Hmph." She said finitely.
"Come on you crazy chick! Do you WANT us to get caught?"
They exchanged panicked looks as the footsteps grew closer, closer to their discovery, closer to being expelled.

"Miss Harleen?"

It was the principal.

"Oh! There you are sir." Her blank face cracked into what seemed like a relaxed grin.
"Miss Harleen Quinn, whatever are you doing in my office?"
"Office?" She asked, her face contorted as she frowned, deep in thought. "Oh, this is YOUR office? I'm sorry sir, I'm lookin' for Mrs. Rave's office fa some extra worksheets, but I'm afraid I musta gottin' a little lost."
"Yes, this is MY office. The sign outside clearly states that." He objected, frown deepening.
"I left ma contacts in my desk, Docta Arkham I'm as blind as a dingbat without them."
"And the door?"
"If ya don't want students ta stumble into ya  offices you should tighten your security. It was unlocked, sir."
"Unlocked?" He puzzled, brows crossing, "No, I'm sure..."
"Im sorry ta have disturbed ya, but I must be off. Mrs Raves is waitin' fa me. Would ya do me a favour and lead me to her office?"
He stumbled for a moment, comprehending the information. The room was so quiet, the hidden intruders feared their breaths would be heard. After another agonising moment of silence, his voice broke the sound.
"Of course, Miss Harleen. Please accept my apologies for making any generalisations earlier. You were sent to her office without any accompaniment, you say?'

He'd taken it.

'My friend Ivy did offer, but she was busy and I didn't want ta bother her." She skipped lightly through the door that the principal held open for her, the door closing slowly behind both of them.
"A kind thought, Miss."

As Floyd reappeared from his hiding spot behind the fall set of cabinets, he looked at the door with a surprised look.
'How'd she...did she..." Lawrence trailed, but no words coherently formed from his mouth. Floyd glanced at where the girl once stood, to the door and then to the case of files
'That girl...that girl's a bloody genius."

~

HEY ALL
WE'RE UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT FROM HERE ON IN 'KAY?
if it's not ok then TOO BAD!!
Harley's a little shit...I love her
Keep reading and we keep being forced to write from the Wattpad lords above AKA Zozoeebo (pls don't kill me)
Check out AlixAuditore if you wanna
BUT THAT'S ENOUGH PRODUCT PLACEMENT FOR ONE TIME
ALRIGHT NIGHT NIGHT GET SOME SLEEP
Seriously it's 1 am now the void's calling for you