Fifty Five || Christmas Tree

Start from the beginning

"A cab," he slides on his jacket.

I nod and cross my arms across my chest, "Okay, I guess I will see you later then," I tell him.

He nods, "Okay."

Just as he was about to shut the door behind him I stopped him, "Ryder?"

He turns back, "Yes?"

"Are you alright?" I ask him. The thought has been on my mind for awhile now and I am quite curious to what is going on with him. He seems to not be all here and I know that he is going through a rough patch of his life where he feels that he's lonely and that all he needs is someone in his life.

"Yeah, I'm doing just fine," he tells me like it's the truth, but it's clearly not. I look at his eyes and pain and grief. Sometimes, I swear I see his eyes glistening like as he was going to cry, but what do I know? I know for him it's hard to find someone who wants to be in a committed relationship in college, yet James, Grant, Leah, Grayson and I have all found one and I think that it is Ryder's turn. People know that Ryder is a player and it is going to make it ten times harder for him.

"Okay," I just let him go. I'm not going to get into it with him today, maybe later, but definitely not now.

He shut the door and left the room in a mute, besides James's quiet breathing, of course.

I look at James and see him looking so peaceful. His arm is flailed off the couch and onto the floor.

I really need to wake him up, it's just a little bit after four in the afternoon.

I walk around to the couch and crouch down beside the furniture he's laying on. I began to shake him slowly, waking him up.

"James," I say, trying to wake him up.

He shifted a bit in his sleep. He made a groaning sound, "No.."

He turned away from me and cuddled into the couch.

"I'm pregnant," I tease him.

He turns around almost immediately, but glared when he saw that I am bursting with laughter. "Jesus Christ Vena, don't do that," he mumbles and turns away from me.

"Babe, I need to talk to you," I tell him. I really did have to about the whole Christmas thing.

He sighed and turned and looked at me, "Okay," he sat up.

I sat down beside him and smiled, "Good afternoon to you."

He looked down at his watch and groaned, "Why didn't you wake me up?" he rubs his hands down his face.

I shrug, "You looked tired."

He nods, "Well okay, what do you what to talk about," he asks, leaning back into the couch.

"Okay, so we're going to my parent's house on Saturday and I just wanted to know if you know what you have gotten yourself into," I tell him.

He looked a little confused and that's what I expected. I mean Charley is pretty cool about the whole James and me thing, but not all of my siblings will be as cool as him, he's the most laid back one and he even had his moments while he was here.

"I have five brothers, James and I'm not sure if you know them all. Just so you know, they are just as protective like Orlando," I warn him. I really want him to be prepared for this. He's going to be meeting my dad as well, that should be interesting.

I am glad that throughout this whole this Charley's wife and Orlando's wife will be there, so it won't be like I am the only girl in the house besides my mom.