"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Clarke eyed Lexa carefully. "You have a beautiful voice," Clarke spoke sincerely. Lexa laughed slightly and smiled, "Thanks. Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your ukulele. I saw it laying there and thought it looked like it could use some attention."

Clarke chuckled, "Yeah, I never really learned how to play it." She watched Lexa's nimble fingers as they strummed a few more chords. She muted the strings with her hand and looked up at Clarke. "How are you feeling?"

"Definitely hungover, but I'll live. The constant pounding in my head has seceded a bit, thanks for the aspirin, by the way." Lexa nodded, smiling. "Surprisingly enough, I've been drunker than that before. Though, I don't remember much of last night after my third round of beer pong." Clarke rubbed her temple, glaring at Lexa as she laughed.

"Yeah you were pretty wasted. You eventually went to bed though," we eventually went to bed, "I cleaned up a bit last night after everyone left. All your friends left about an hour ago, so I finished cleaning everything once the space was free. I hope you don't mind me using your stuff to cook, I was just starving. Raven mentioned waffles were your favorite, so I figured...." Lexa trailed off, motioning towards the plate of waffles resting on the counter behind her.

Clarke gaped at her. She cleaned and cooked? Clarke couldn't remember the last time a meal had successfully been prepared in her kitchen. She let out an impressed laugh, leaning forward to brace her weight on the counter, her palms placed on either side of Lexa's thighs.

She let out a long breath, "Actually...waffles were my favorite." Lexa looked down at Clarke, arching one eyebrow. The blonde reached up, poking Lexa on the tip of the nose. "You are now my new favorite!"

Lexa giggled, reaching up to swat Clarke's hand away. "Oh shut up, let's just go eat." Clarke held onto her hand, helping her down off the counter. Lexa started towards the kitchen, leading Clarke with her.

Before she could get any farther, Lexa was being spun around by the hand. She immediately was caught by Clarke's sturdy arms. "Clar-" Lexa was cut off by Clarke's soft lips being smashed against her own in a smoldering kiss.

After a few minutes, Clarke pulled away, grinning. She twirled her fingers through her favorite curls at the back of Lexa's neck. Lexa laughed, clearly impressed. "Thank you, so much, for everything."

Lexa beamed, "You're so welcome. Now please can we go eat, I'm literally starving." Clarke rolled her eyes at Lexa's pouted lips. She leaned forward, pressing a gentle kiss to the tip of Lexa's nose, causing the girl to giggle.

"Yes, we can eat now." Clarke dragged a very excited Lexa off towards the kitchen.
  ______________________________

"There's no way Monty drank an entire bottle of whiskey!" Clarke shouted at Lexa, though the girl was directly across from her. She may have still had a bit of alcohol in her system.

Lexa shrugged, reaching over to retrieve Clarke's empty plate and stacking it atop her own. "Okay maybe he had some help from Octavia, but I'm telling you, that kid can hold his liquor."

Clarke clutched her steaming mug to her chest as she followed Lexa into the kitchen. "Yeah, he and Jasper both, lucky bastards." Lexa looked at her over her shoulder as she placed the dishes in the sink and laughed. "Is someone upset that they can't take seven shots of tequila and not throw up?"

Clarke rolled her eyes, suppressing a smile. "Okay fine, so maybe I drank a bit too much. But, I had a damn good time doing so." She sipped her coffee.

Lexa began to gather all the dirty dishes from breakfast into the sink and turned on the faucet. "Mmm, no, absolutely not," Clarke reached over with her free hand to grab the dirty plate from Lexa's grip. "I am not about to let you care for me, clean up after me, cook for me, and do my dishes. Uh-uh, no way, gimme the plate."

Clarke stared at Lexa with an eyebrow raised, challenging her to defy her. Lexa yanked the plate back, "Please, Clarke, there's like four things here. I'm perfectly capable-"

"No Lexa, give me the plate or I swear to god..." Lexa giggled, trying to taunt the girl as much as possible. She held the dish up and away from her, so out of Clarke's reach that the girl had to stretch around Lexa to grab at it. Lexa laughed while Clarke squealed, desperately flailing for the plate, her body pressed up against Lexa's.

In the process of retrieving the plate, Clarke had forgotten to put down her coffee. She accidentally tipped the mug too much and the hot liquid spilled entirely over and down the front of Lexa's shirt.

"Ow!" Lexa immediately pulled away from Clarke, carefully dropping the plate in the sink. Clarke gasped, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Lexa hopped up and down slightly, laughing. "Yeah, no, I'm fine it's just very, very hot." She fanned her hands over her chest in an attempt to cool her seared skin.

"Take the shirt off, then!" Clarke instructed. Lexa hesitated, giving Clarke a sideways look. "But.." Clarke glared at her, "Oh, come on, Lexa. Now is not the time to be shy. Just take the damn shirt off." Lexa didn't want to reveal herself to Clarke for the first time in a kitchen with her skin saturated in coffee, but it really was hurting.

"Okay, fine," Lexa skeptically reached down and pulled her shirt over her head slowly, hissing through her teeth as it peeled away from her skin. Clarke tried to look away, though she was relying heavily on the fact that Lexa could be burnt as an excuse to stare openly at her chest.

Lexa's usually tan skin was a shade pinker across her chest and down her stomach, undoubtedly a bit burnt. Her bra was black, which was good because there was no visible stain; bad because Clarke was barely able to focus, as if the girl's smooth, sticky skin wasn't distracting enough.

Lexa felt the heat travel immediately to her cheeks, though whether it was because of Clarke's timidness or the coffee, she wasn't sure. Clarke swallowed thickly, "Okay, I'll go throw this in the wash. You may want to um....like leave your shirt off for a while? You know, so your skin can cool down." Real subtle, Clarke.

Lexa smirked, raising an eyebrow at Clarke. Catching Lexa's silent implication, Clarke rolled her eyes, "That's not what I meant." Lexa laughed, "Okay whatever, I'll just be here, doing the dishes."

Clarke groaned, aggressively waving the sticky shirt at Lexa as she strutted off towards the laundry room. Lexa turned to resume her previous attempts at cleaning up the kitchen.

As she washed and dried, she smiled as the soft sound of Clarke humming to herself drifted down the hall. After a couple of minutes, Lexa heard the front door open. She looked up from the sink, leaning over the bar to look towards the door.

"Clarke, sweetie, are you up? I have some stuff for you!" Lexa froze. The elegant voice calling from down the hallway was definitely not one she'd recognized. She quickly shut off the faucet and wiped her hands with a towel. Crouching low behind the bar, she met Clarke's wide eyes from down the hall as the blonde peered around the corner.

The girls exchanged a horrified look as they heard movement from the front of the apartment before the voice called out again, "Clarke?"

With one last scared look at Lexa, Clarke took a deep breath and answered.
"Mom?"
_______________________________________________________________