Cakes and Sparklers

Začať od začiatku

With Vincent and Scabior and my Uncle. I wondered what they were doing up there right now. No doubt watching me. 

That was it. That was why I had to do what was asked of me: To make them happy. They were the only ones that mattered. 

"Eleanor?" Narcissa snapped me out of my thoughts. For the first time I noticed I was no longer crying, but sobbing. "May I touch you?" She gently asked. I looked up at her and nodded...

She wasn't Lucius, but she could hug me and assure me. 

I reached my arms out for her. She seemed a little suprised, but still sat down and pulled me into her. I closed my eyes and continued to cry. This is the last thing I remember before fallling asleep.

..................................................................................

I woke up to Healer Green and Narcissa's voices trying to talk over another familiar voice that I couldn't quite pin point who it belonged to. 

"I'm sorry, but she is in no state to be-" Healer Green started, but was cut off by the horrid high pitched Cockney accent. 

"Oh, I won't be any bother! I just want to give her some of this cake I made and-"

"She is feeling unwell and is asleep. Seh needsto be left alone today-" Narcissa continued, but, like Healer Green, was interupted. 

"Come on! I brought her a Get-Well-Soon-I-Love-You Goodie-Yummy-Treat Basket!" The voice got louder. I moaned and pressed my face into Narcissa. 

"Shhh, it's okay, dear..." She shushed. "Just go back to sleep..."

"Is she up?!" The voice was obnoxiously close. That's when it hit me: i knew who this voice belonged to. I had only met one person in my life who's accent made me want to claw out my ear drums that bad: Sarah Beth Cumberland. I opened my eyes and looked up at her. "She is up!  How are you, Ellie?!"

My heart rate started to go up. I stared up at her, frightened. Suddenly I remembered why I despised her. 

"Hi, Ellie. I have a Get-Well-Soon-I-Love-You Goodie-Yummy-Treat Basket for you!" She exclaimed, thrusting the basket at me. I flinched, going back to Narcissa. 

"If you are going to stay in here, you are going to have to be quiet." Healer Green used an authorative tone to explain. Sarah Beth paused a moment as if she needed that time to make sense of what he was saying.. 

"Okay!" She finally replied, just as loudly as everything else she had said. I let out a cry.

"Shhhhh...." He reminded.

"Oh yeah..." She wispered. "Okay... I have a basket for you. And some cake..." She held out the stuff to show me. In one hand she had a covered dish and a green basket. Inside the basket I could see a blue colored candle, some sweets, a stuffed animal puppy, a box marked "Weasley's Wheezes" : just to name a few things. I stared at her.

"Aren't you going to look at the stuff Sarah Beth has been nice enough to bring you?" Narcissa asked, forcing a smile. It was evident she wanted Cumberland gone as much as I did.

"No..." I weakily replied. I hugged onto Melvin. 

"Ah... But I thought you would really like it... I got stuff just for you, see!" She was louder again, just like before. She began pulling things out of the basket. She took out the candle. "This is suppose to smell like the beach. It's called Ocean Breeze, see? I remember you said the beach smelled good when we were there. It even has some sea shells molding into it!" She held the candle right up to my face for me to see. When I didn't reply, she put the candle aside and continued. "And I got you this puppy, because you like puppies. But I see you already have two friends... But now they can be friends with your friends and you'll have three!" She put the stuffed pup on my lap. I knocked it off and let it fall to the floor. She frowned at it before putting her smile back on and picking up the box. "And these- these are the best! They're sparkliers! I remember how you just love fire! These are like mini fireworks! See!" Before I knew it she was thrusting one of the long, narrow, black sticks at me. It had a thick place at the end. She held it out towards me long enough for me to give up and take it. This only made her smile bigger. 

"Great!" She laughed, "Now, watch! This is the best part!" Before anyone could react, she had her wand out and was lighting the end of it. My eyes widened as the stick caught fire. As the flame started to grow, it started to turn a rainbow of colors. Then, it started to take the shape of animals: A lion. A Tiger. A Hawk. Snake....  "I got the animal pack because I know you love-"

She didn't get to finish her statement because I let out a loud shriek before throwing the sparkler to the ground. Then, I clutched onto Narcissa, crying from frights. 

That is what had taken my Vincent. Even if it was just a child's toy, it was cursed fire. Something had to make it look like an animal. And she had the nerve to hand it to me in a convient package.

"Shh... What is it Elle? Did the sparkler's scare you? What's wrong?" Narcissa tried to calm me as well as reason with me. I didn't take my face away from her bossom, but I did point to the small fire. "The sparkler?"

"Put it out!" I demanded. "I don't want it! Put it out!" 

Thinking quickly, Healer Green stomped out what was left of the sparkler and picked it up. Eleanor's eyes were as round as dinner plates. 

"I am so sorry!" She started. "I am so, so sorry! I was just trying to make her happy! I had no clue that-"

"It is okay." Healer Green said in a sturn voice. "I know your intentions were good, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave. If you leave your contact information, I will inform you when she is ready to have visitors, alright?"

"Alright... I should be going, anyway. Rufus is waiting on me in the loby." Sarah Beth looked down at the ground, disheartened. She turned to Narcissa. "The cake is strawberry." She informed, then started to turn around. Half way, she face us again, "And the icing is cream cheese. I know Elle likes that too." Again, she began to turn around, but looked at us. "ANd don't worry about the plates. Just keep them. I can get more."

"You need to leave, Miss Cumberland." Healer Green got straight to the point. She nodded and went to the door way. When she got there, she turned around and waved. 

"Bye, Ellie. I hope you feel better. I'm so sorry I scared you. I'll come back when you are feeling better. I'm just glad you're alive, though-"

"Miss Cumberland..." Healer Green cleared his throat.

"Anyway...Bye..." She blew a kiss towards me, then went out the door, closing it behind her.