Returning Home

"So did you make it or not?" I asked Gregory that night. He didn't get home until after dark, and I was already in bed, almost alseep.

"I don't know. " He answered, putting his broom in the corner. "They told me they would send me a letter if I made it."

"That means you probably didn't make it." I pointed out, and rolled over to lay my head on the pillow. Across the room, Draco exited the bathroom and was putting his dirty clothes in his suitcase.

"How many people were there?" He asked, after zipping the bag.

"I don't know. Probably fourty-ish." 

"So do you think you made it?"

"I think so. I was wicked!" He exclaimed. I let out a moan and covered my ears. I hadn't taken my Combination yet, because I was waiting on Gregory ot get back before going to sleep. If I took it before than, I would have been completly out. This being, I was getting extremely irritible. 

"Do you know what the chances of you making it are?" I pulled the blanket up a little farther on me.

"I don't know, like two?" He answered. I sat up, looking at him in confusion.

"That didn't even make sense..."

"I doesn't matter. I just have a good feeling about this, okay?" 

"What did they make you do?" Draco seemed completly intregued. I rolled my eyes. Why was he making such a big deal about it? Chances were he wasn't going to make it anyway, so so why stay up later than it already was to discuss it? 

"They made us try out on all positions. Oh, and they fed us spaghetti for lunch! What did you and Elle do all day?" He grabbed a pair of pajamas from his bags. Draco sat down on the bed I wasn't in. 

"Oh, we just got some sight seeing done."

"Did you go back to Venice?"

"...Yeah..." Draco seemed to hesitate. I could tell he was thinking about how I freaked out when he kissed me. For some reason, this angered me, but also embarrassed and saddened me. I could feel my checks growing red, dispite the other emotions. 

I sat up and fiercely grabbed my wand from the night stand. 

"Accio, Combination." I waved it. I still hadn't really rebuilt my non-verbal magic skills yet, so I had to resort to yelling out any spell I wanted to cast. When the vial came to me, I quickly drank all of it and threw the vial into the floor. Draco looked at me a little alarmed and picked it up.

"What's the hurry?"

"I'm tired." I snapped, then rolled over to face away from them. 

"Welll, I'm going to change into my pajamas then I'll lay down with you, okay, Elle?" Gregory went into the bathroom. I let out a weak "Hm." Gregory had slept with me the night before, just as he had on the train. Draco looked at the both of us, then got into his bed with his back against the head board. He picked up a news paper he had purchased today, tried to read it for a moment or two, then gave up. He dropped it to the ground with a sigh. Then, he waved his wand, and the curtains closed. He waved it again, and all th candles were blown out, leaving us in darkness. He settled under his blankets. 

Why couldn't I just sleep with him? Or kiss him? Or anything besides hold his hand. Because I wanted to, I really did, I just... didn't know what. Any type of intamency made me anxious. I wasn't sure why, but I just wanted it to stop. I wanted to cuddle with my husband again, and give him the love he deserved...

 "You still awake, Elle?" Gregory asked me.

"Uh-huh." I didn't open my eyes, but offered a reply. I felt the matress shift as he laid down beside me.