Absolute Panic

That night I woke up several times, all due to nightmares about the Battle. Usually, I would only wake up once or twice, but tonight not even the strengh of the Night Combinations they had made for me could keep me in a dreamless sleep. This is why, when I finally could stay asleep, Lucius let me sleep in, even through breakfast. It wasn't until eleven thrity or so that I finally woke up. 

"She's doing very well." I heard Lucius reply. My eyes were still closed. 

"I'm very proud of her. I can't imagine how hard this is for her, though." Another voice said.

"She's doing better." Lucius assured. 

"I just wish she would take to me better. After all, then you might be able to go to work and I could stay with her."

"I know, it's just hard for her. She's affraid if I go away, I'll die as well."

"Lucius...?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes. He turned to me, and I now saw that the other voice belonged to Narcissa. As expected, it was just her and not Draco. He had stopped coming weeks ago.

"Goodmorning, Elle." He sat down on the edge of the bed. I hugged him. 

"She's early..." I commented. He shook his head.

"No, dear. I just let you sleep in. You had a bad night last night."

"Yeah..." I closed my eyes and shook my head at the thought of it. As I said this, Narcissa came to the other side of the bed and sat. Orion, who she usually brought with her, jumped onto the bed from the end and curled up beside me. I gratefully petted behind his ear. He let his toungue lawl out of his mouth. 

"Are you feeling better this morning?" Narcissa asked. I bit my lip and nodded my head yes before turning back to Lucius.

"Lucius?" I questioned. He pushed some hair out of my face.

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry..." I pulled on my hair. He took my hand away from it and laid it on my lap. 

"You slept through breakfast, so I would say you are. Can you stay here with Narcissa and go brush your teeth and hair while I go get you something to eat?" He asked. I nodded my head yes. He stood up. "Okay, be good. I will be right back. " And he went out the door. I started at Narcissa.

"You need to get up, dear." She reminded, standing up. I slid down a bit, biting my lip. Did she truely care about me? I mean, she was here, but still.. In the past she had never liked me. The whole thing really make me kind of nervous. I reached for Melivn, but... I couldn't find him. I reached on the other side... nothing. I gasped.

"What is it?" She asked, concerened. I frantically shook my head and jumped out of bed. I got on my hands and knees and looked on the floor and under the bed, seeing if maybe he had fallen out during the night. Still, there was nothing. Melvin was gone.

"M-M-Melvin!?!?" I instantly started crying. She stepped towards me as she started to put the situation together in her mind.

"What about Melvin, Eleanor?"

"Melvin's gone!" My chest started to clench. Where could he be? I couldn't breath. I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. My body fell onto the floor, so I curled up into a ball as I started to hypervelelate. 

"Shh, it's okay..." Narcissa came to me, as well as Orion. He sniffed at me and whimpered. Narcissa reached for me.

"Don't touch me!" I somehow got out. I didn't want her to touch me. I didn't want to move. I didn't want anything. All I wanted was to have Melvin, where ever he was. I needed him.