The Devil's Bird

It was decidedt aht i could go to work with Lucius when ever I wanted, since I had behaved so well. I went with him for the rest of th week, and finished my two books in the process. Lucius bought me two more for hte next week, one about Junle Animals, and another about Stars.

The Apothicary was clotehd on Saturdays and Sundays, so I had no choice but to stay home. Narcissa had nervously left Saturday morning to go to the Ministry. She had cried all morning, although I didn't know why. Draco went with her, but Lucius stayed home with me. They wouldn't tell me what was gong on.

"Why was she crying?" I asked, still in my pajamas and sitting in the living room after they left.

"Don't worry about it. " Lucius petted my hair. "She'll be okay, I promise."

"She didn't seem okay..." I bit my lip, trying not to cry. It made me upset that she was upset. He pushed some hair out of my face.

"Do't get worked up. She'll be okay. We will all be okay. In the mean time, would ou like some breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry."

"You're eatinng breakfast." HE turned it form a question to a command. I slimped my shoulders. 

"But-"

"Don't argue. Remember what Healer Green said about gaining weight?"

"Yes..."

"Do you want to do what he says?"

"Yes..."

"Then you're eating. What would you like?"

I looked around, pondering what I could force myself ot eat. In doing so, the morning light comming through the window caught my eye. Snow wasn't falling as it had been yesterday, but teh ground was still dusted with a fine layer of white dust. Out of no where, I had the sudden urge to go out there. I turned my eyes back to Lucius.

"I want to eat outside!" I replied, even a little enthusiastically.

"It's cold, Eleanor. You'll catch a cold."

"But I want to!"

"Eleanor, listen to what I'm saying; it's too cold."

"But... Then I'm not eating at all!" I firmly ccrossed my arms and stomped my foot.

"You're being naughty, Elle."

"I don't care!" I flopped down onto teh couch.

"Well, you should care. You have been so good this week. Don't ruin it.""

"I want to go outside!" I yelled. "Lucius stpped forward, seeming to get impatient. He grabbed my arms, trying to get me to get up. I fought against him. "Let go!"

"Stop squirming and hold still. I want you to please try and calm down. Take a deep breath in." He instructed. I wimpered, but did as I was asked in hope that he would let go. "Breath out and count to ten." He let me do so ."Feeling better/"

"No!" My heart was beating in my ears and i coudl feel that my face was red. "I want to go outside!"

"Alright." Lucius sturnly started to led me across the room. I froze otu of fear: what was he going to do to me?

He stopped ath e other side of the room, next to the corner. He put me right beside the corner. I looked up at him with wide, fearful eyes.

"Turn around and put your nose to the corner."

"What?" I didn't understand what he was getting at. HE turned me around and stuck my nose in the corner himself. 

"Stand up straight and put your hands behind your back, please."