A Talk By the Lake

I went home the next day,much to Healer Phillip's happiness, and spent it with Lucius. Draco went to wrok at the apothicary, so a day of profits wouldn't be lost. Naricssa went shopping (she seemed to do that a lot), so it was just Lucius and I, which is what I wanted. I wanted him all for myself.

We swam after we are breakfast, and didn't stop until it was after lunch. We are, still wet and in the room with the in-door pool, then he went me upstairs to shower before I took a nap. When I woke up, Lucius said that we could take a walk. The weather seemed perfect; it wasn't too hot, but wasn't cold, and there wasa subtle breeze waving across the air. So warm that I didn't need a cloak or anything, but cool anough to be comfortable. Perfect.

The walk gave us an opertunity to talk, something we really needed to do. It also gave me a chance to get some fresh air, something I had yurned for while in St. Mungo's. 

"So, you have another appointment with the Maturnity Healer?" HE asked. I noddded.

"Yeah."

"That's good. Draco said you had an outburst last time. Did she scare you?"

"No. She made me upset."

"Oh. You didn't hit anything, did you?" 

"No, I just cried."

"What did she ask you?"

"About my mother." I shortly answered. He stayed quiet for a moment. 

I see..." He finally said. His tone sounded almost reluctant, making me stand on edge.

"What do you mean by that?"

"By what?"

"Your tone."

"Elle... I think we need a have a talk."

"What? About what?" 

"Sit." He instructed. We had reached the lake by then, so I sat down by the edge of the water, confused. He sat down beside me, which surprised me since I dind't think he would want to get dirty. But he did. We stayed quiet for a moment, looking at the water, then finally spoke. "Eleanor, having a child is a very big responsibility."

"I know that. Are you saying that I am not responsible enough to have a baby?"

"No, that's not what I am saying. I am just owrried that you won't be able to handle it. You have a lot going on, and you need to focus on yourself."

"You're telling me the same thing you told me two days ago." I snapped. He shook his head. 

"Shh. Don't get upset. Just please listen to me. I can't tell you what to do with the baby. I can't make this desision for you. All I can do is tell you my opinion. It's not that I don't want you to have a child. I want a grandchild, and it will be the most beautiful baby in the world, I just don't want it at the cost of your health."

"I want this baby, Lucius." I started to tear up. " I didn't know it unitl I found out, but I want this baby more than anything in the world."

"I belive you." He put his arm around me. I leanedi nto him. We fell into a silence again, watching the water in the lake reflect the sun back at us. "Just promise me that what ever happens, you're going to take care of yourself."

"I'm going to try... But if it comes between me or the baby..." I trailed off, starting to understand. I didnt know why the thought suddenly crossed my mind, but it spread through my body. Understanding was now taking over everything. It was like having my eyes uncovered from a blindfold.

My mother had had a choice. She could have ran or apparated and possible killed me, or she could have had me and given me ot my father to get away. She picked the later, and had my father take me. She had sacrificed herself to let me live. She had the same feelings about me that I was having about the child inside of me.