Fear Arises

Healer Kasigawa had been right: A few weeeks later I started to show. Not much. Not even enough to see if I had my shirt on. But when it was off, I could see my stomach bumped up into a small, round dome. 

When I first noticed it, I burst into tears. It made the situation feel more real. I was actually having a baby. A baby was growing inside of me... There was proof now. It was real. It was a real, live human being...

That made me want to do everything at once. We needed a name. We needed a nursey. We needed baby clothes, and nappies, and bottles, and toys, and a crib, and a changing table and everything else that went along with having a baby. 

"We need it, Narcissa!" I began. Lucius and Draco had gone to work, so it was just me and her.

"You're only three month, dear. Don't you think you should wait incase something-" She stopped herself, looking down.

"Incase what?" I asked. She just looked at me for a moment or two, befor shaking her head.

"Nothing." She replied. "Nothing. How about we wait for the boys to come home, then we can all go out together and look for furiture for a nursey?"

"Yeah, I would like that." I put some hair behind my ear before putting a hand on my small bump. We went silent for a couple moments. "Do you think ti'll be a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know. That's why when we look for things for it, we have to get gender nuteral colours."

"I hope it's a little boy." I smiled, looking at my stomach. "A lovely little boy, that hopefully looks like Draco. I don't want him cursed with my looks."

"What ever it is, it's going to be beautiful." NArcissa grinned, then went back to the magizine she had been reading. We fell int oa silence again.

"IT's getting time for lunch, isn't it?"

"Yes it is." NArcissa looked back up. "Is there something specific you would like to eat?"

"Actually, I was thinking I could visit with Gilderoy until it's time for Draco and Lucius to come home." 

"That would be okay, just remember to take your map after you eat."

"Alright." I stood up, then froze. A wave of pain went through my waist, sharp and stabbing, much like the pain I felt in teh past when ever I was on my cycle. It was all I could do to keep from doubling over.

"Are you okay, dear?" Narcissa questioned, a tone of urgency in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm... fine. I'm fine." The pain suddenly went away. It scared me, but it was probably nothing to wory about. My body was changing. Skin was stretching and parts were swelling. Pain was normal, right? It was probably nothing to worry about...

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I got my tone back to almost level.

"Well... okay, then." She finally said. "Just be careful. If you need anything, tell a Healer. Also, tell Healer Phillips that you are there."

"Alright. Goodbye." 

"Goodbye." I nodded, then grabbed soem Floo Powder and threw it into the fireplace.

.......................................................

Gilderoy and I had a nice lunch, then we took a nap together. Every so often, he would ask how the baby was, forgettting that he had asked befor. I replied with 'well' every time, choosing not to mention the pain I had felt ealier that day.

We took pictures and tlaked and hada lot of fun, until five o'clock, when I went home tom et with draco, Narcissa, and Lucius. They were already home when I got there, so all I had to do was slip on a jacket, and we were on our way.