wolves in the night

Valentin and Liz sat in the stagecoach, as one of Liz's pet's guided the horses through the darkness of the desert

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Valentin and Liz sat in the stagecoach, as one of Liz's pet's guided the horses through the darkness of the desert.

Two others sat on the top of the stagecoach keeping watch.

"Are you sure you can trust those men?" Valentin wondered.

Liz laughed.

"Do you really think they would be stupid enough to try anything?"

"Well, there are rumours that Helzing is somewhere in these parts. People have a tendency to flock to him."

Again Liz laughed.

"Yes, and they also seem to have a tendency to end up dead. My darling Valentin. Do you honestly think that Helzing is any threat? He is nothing near the man that his ancestors were and look at what happened to them."

"But he did kill Karl and Stephanie," Valentine pointed out.

"They were stupid. They broke free from their coven and tried to start their own. You know that can be suicide."

It was Valentin's turn to laugh.

"You and yours. You try to hide in plain sight, but at the same time you gather together and expose yourself."

She turned and stroked Valentin's face.

"But Karl and Stephanie did kill many of Helzing's people, darling and if memory serves me right...

He did end several of your people's lives as well.

Valentin nodded.

"Then he is a concern."

"I am sure he is no where ..."

Liz suddenly stopped in mid-sentence.

"STOP," she yelled.

The stagecoach came to a stop.

Liz jumped out of the stagecoach into the desert darkness.

"Helzing."

Valentin joined her.

"Are you sure?"

She smiled an evil smile.

"He is not far."

Valentine scanned the darkness.

"There," he pointed.

A faint orange glow could be seen to the east.

Liz jumped back in the stagecoach.

"Let's pay him a little visit."

"We are just going to ride up to his campsite?"

Liz shook her head.

"No. We will stay on our trail. I am sure he will come to us."

As they neared the orange glow, it disappeared.

Liz smiled and turned to Valentin.

"I believe our friend knows we are on the way."

Valentin nodded.

"Perhaps we should stage a little surprise of our own," he smirked, as he started changing into his immortal form. That of a werewolf.

"Wolves sound about right," Liz added, as she too changed into a beautiful white wolf.

Both leaped from the stagecoach as it continued through the darkness.

The stagecoach continued on, unaware that their precious cargo had already left and disappeared into the night.

As it took a turn, to avoid some rocks, a fire suddenly erupted in front of them.

The two lead horses reared up on their hind legs, the following two horses smashing into them, causing the stagecoach to stop abruptly.

The stagecoach driver never knew what hit him, but it was an arrow through the neck.

As he fell to the ground, two more arrows found the other two men atop the stagecoach.

Helzing hurried to the stagecoach, crossbow, with silver-tipped arrows, in hand.

He quickly pulled open the door.

Nothing.

"Looking for us?"

It was the last words he heard as darkness overtook him.