Pain

[Please leave comments on how to improve my story]

The wind hisses in my ear, the hail scraping at my skin. The dark clouds rolling further into the night, and the thunder shouting it's worth to the world. Thunders just the noise boys, lightning does the work. The bright blue streaks of lightning shatters my vision, making everything become true figures for a millisecond. The storm rages on, as my minds fighting for control of the situation I'm in. I've got no clue where I am. Whoever put me here, knew there was only one way out. Knew I had to reach into my deepest thoughts, the farther I reached into my mind, I didn't want to trust. He is forcing me to trust him. Trust. It's something I'm terrified of. I put my trust in my Alpha, but he is cruel. That's why he is doing this to me. Because trusting him to get out of this labyrinth is the only way out, it means breaking me a little bit. To my 'Alpha' I'm nothing, I'm a way to make him stronger, for him to seem powerful. He put me in here because I ran away. To me he doesn't exist right now. He knows my worst fear is being alone. Screw him, screw the mind links.

"Just let me out!" I scream into the air, into the nothingness, to my doom, to my saviour. "I promise I'll behave! I just want to go home." I pour my heart out into the rain, giving up on being alone in the endless maze of pain.

I close my eyes, a sob escaping my lips. I lean against the tree behind me. My shoulders sag, I bow my head in submission. I let my eyes stay closed, feeling the darkness swallow me whole. I sleep, pain no longer on my mind. Doubt of his leadership leaving me. His choices will always be right, he is Alpha and I have to respect his wishes. Please let me out of my doom. I just want to run with my wolf, let my wolf run with the other wolves. To have the freedom of space, to see light, to be accepted into there arms. To not be called an outcast, a spoiled rotten brat, to be loved for being me. My pack is the worst gang to get mixed into. There's only one way out. And that's for your mate to come pick you up. I have the brand of this pack burnt into my skin, because I was born into this pack. I'm higher ranking. And I also don't listen. That's how I got into this mess in the first place. You think being alone in this endless labyrinth is the worst punishment? No, being chained with a silver collar on your wolf form in front of everyone is. If I don't obey my Alpha, my Father, the next time there won't be an easy punishment. I'm a shame to my family. I plan to change that as soon as I get out. After all, my brothers will fight for My Fathers Position as Alpha, and I will be marked off to an alpha, hopefully.

"Let me show you how strong I can be! Let me deserve your respect! Let me become one of you! With your help, I will prove to you that I am worthy to be called a member of your pack, and to be called your daughter!" After these final words I rest my head back against the tree and sleep, hoping to find happiness in tomorrow's sunrise.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I awake with the sun burning on my face, the storm of yesterday had passed. This means my fate is sealed, the promise I made before I fell asleep last night needs to work. It would still be storming if the Moon Goddess didn't order my promise to become fulfilled. I can now see my way around this maze, I now follow the proper paths because I can see there markings, leading me in the right direction. These marks were made especially for in the maze, no night creature can see them in the dark. The light is the only way out. And the only way to the light is for your spirit to be broken, or beholden to the promise of better. I break into a run. I reach a turn, only to find another wolf.

What the hell?! There is only supposed to be one wolf in the maze at a time. In my excitement to reach my family, and behold my promise, I have shut off most of my senses! With my wolf nose, I smell his scent, male, and unrecognized by me. I bear my canines, before I realize he is an Alpha. I falter, he catches that, it's almost as if you can see his smirk. I know he is an Alpha, the way he holds his head, the way his stance is dominating and relaxed. He knows he is strong. He is a wolf just entering his Prime. I still bear my canines, this is my family's maze, there punishment tool, if he is in here, we have been under attack, and have lost. My hackles raised, my teeth sharp, and my tongue lolling in the thought of a fight. I haven't seen a wolf in so long, I haven't been in a fight for so long. He trots over to me. Stops a few feet away, he growls, letting his emotion of 'stand down' reach me. Haven't I told you I am defiant? I don't stand down.

Instead I do the polar opposite. I make myself look even bigger, I walk around him, carefully watching him. His head turns as I prance in a circle around him. He eyes me, sizing me up. Again he growls. His demand clearer than ever. Still, something urges me on, to fight him. This isn't the leader I was expecting. Instantly I recognize him. He is the young wolf that's been taking packs across Canada. This causes me to hesitate and he advances. I'm defiant. I can fight. I am strong. Saying this in my head helps me stand taller. He jumps, his body moving in one swift motion.