Ch.23: Boundless

Kind of a short chapter. :)

Chapter 23: Boundless

This could not be happening. Why? Why Itachi? Why did it have to be him? He was such an innocent boy right from the beginning. A brave and courageous shinobi who had the strength of a hundred. He was strong yes, but also considerably caring. He loved his little brother more than anyone in his clan. And the sacrifices he made for him were honorable in itself.

Why him? Emiko thought as the harsh wind blew her hair behind her. It just wasn't fair. She slowly turned to see one of the last Akatsuki members that would remain. Her eyes narrowed on Tobi's mask, internally hating how it hid all of his emotions.

She hated anyone who read her like an open book, except for those few she thought dear of. This man could see every conflicting emotion in her eye and she hated it. This...this weakness of hers. She wore her heart on her sleeve, and despised the very idea of it.

"Are you finally in control of your emotions now?" His rather deep baritone voice asked with hidden mock which she could detect. But she didn't say anything, for what did she have to say? "I'm rather surprised you didn't force yourself to stop Itachi from fighting Sasuke, but then again, you are weak."

Her glare towards him was pure, "I don't need you out of all people to tell me I am weak, Madara." She seethed, her voice quiet with hate. His wild chuckles made her freeze but ignore him nonetheless, as she stood a few miles away from the Uchiha hideout. She could feel the chakra, the bursts of chakra firing back and forth.

"So Itachi has told you of my identity. Good, it makes my job easier."

Closing her eyes, she clenched onto the fabric of her dress. Until she felt multiple chakra signatures in the nearby forest. "I see you sensed it too," He stood up and lifted her up in his arms.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"It's time for a little reunion."

And with that, the two disappeared with a swirl.

Emiko blinked suddenly when they appeared on a large tree branch with Naruto Uzumaki almost crashing into them. "HELLO!" Tobi greeted in his childish persona, "I never imagined that I'd meet up with Konoha all the way out here!"

Her eyes scanned all of them before narrowing. She could see Team Kakashi as well Team Kurenai from back in the day. "Oh my so many of you! It's eight against one! That's not fair!"

"Wouldn't it be eight against two?" A young boy, whom Emiko remembered to be Kiba, asked his teammates.

"Two?" Tobi laughed causing the others to narrow his eyes, "Emiko-chan can't fight!! It's only Tobi!"

"He's an Akatsuki member, yet I don't remember him on the list that was given to us by Kabuto," Yamato informed Kakashi who nodded. His eyes were trained on Emiko's form. He could see the dark eye circles forming around those jeweled eyes of hers, as well as the redness of it as if she was crying. She looked...weak. Just tired and weak, sickly and pale.

The last time he had saw her was a couple months ago when she suddenly disappeared from the village, assuming that she was taken back by the Akatsuki. Kakashi could see that she was almost due, and very pregnant to the point where she should be resting, not with this member who floated around like a child.

"Heh, don't think of us as fools. This has to be a joke." Kiba scoffed.

Kakashi shook his head, "Be cautious."

"Ara ara, am I being underestimated?" Tobi gasped.

Emiko scoffed but didn't utter a word. Tobi quickly set her down on the ground a few meters away, laying her against the tree, "Now don't run away, Emiko-chan!"