Ch.6: Moving On

Chapter 6: Moving On

Her body shivered against the ground. All she could stare at was the large chakra bomb that was heading towards her way. To say she was afraid was an understatement. She had never felt such fear in her life before.

"EMIKO!!!"

Through her blurry vision she could see a figure making its way closer and closer to her, "Emiko??" she felt herself being shaken, "Emiko, don't you dare close your eyes on me!"

"K-Kakashi?" A whimper escaped her lips as she noticed the spiky silver hair and mask.

"I'm here, Emi. I'm here," he pulled her face into his chest, cradling her delicate body, "Nii-chan's here for you."

"I-I'm sorry, nii-chan," she sobbed with tears gliding down her cheeks, "I-I'm sorry for whatever I did..."

"No, be quiet. It should be me saying, sorry. Shh, don't strain yourself," he whispered, putting her strands of bloody hair behind her ear, "Nii-chan is very sorry, Emi." He stroked her hair and buried his nose into her neck.

"Kakashi!!" Minato swooped down before conducting an array of hand signs, making the chakra bomb that was hurling towards them disappear in a flash.

"Sensei!" Kakashi gasped.

"Get her out of here, now! It's not safe," Minato instructed, "Get her to the medical team that's towards the far side of the village."

"B-But..."

"NOW!!"

Kakashi nodded before picking Emiko up and flashed away to the medical tent. "Can I get a medic here?!" he screamed until a shinobi came running towards him.

"Oh kami, is that the claw?" the medic quickly placed Emiko on the bed before other nurses came and guided Kakashi out of the tent. "Well will tell you about her progress, Kakashi-san. But for now, I would go towards Lord Third since he has asked all jounins to join."

Kakashi got one last look at his younger sister wearing an oxygen mask, before disappearing. Gomen ne, Emiko. I broke my promise of protecting you.

~~~

"Okay I need surgery materials and about 2 chunin to be able carry this huge claw that stuck in her abdomen! We're lucky that it didn't pierce her heart or lungs, however she'll be in recovery for quite a while." One of the medical ninjas instructed his assistants as he started the surgery for the young child.

"It will be a miracle if this girl survives..." one of the nurses whispered, looking at her with a sad frown.

"Captain! More patients are coming in!"

"Damn..." the medical ninja cursed, "Okay I'll continue this surgery, while the rest of you help the other casualties!"

"Yes sir!"

~~~

It felt cold. Just an undeniable shivering cold that could chill your bones to the core. She didn't know where she was as her eyes scanned vast empty terrain. The trees were bare and the wind whistled through the branches.

The watery sun descended upon the dark sky conjoining with the moon, creating an eclipse. It was a muted place with the colors of brown and grey. Dull.

However, when the light of the sun escaped from underneath the shadows of the moon, a beeping was heard.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Groggily opening her eyes, Emiko blinked many times to adjust to her surroundings. Instantly, the smell of alcohol and chemicals wafted into her nose, with a sense of death. She quietly groaned trying to shift, but instantly regretted it as pain shot up her spine, paralyzing her movement for a moment.