Ch.9: Sacrifice

Chapter 9: Sacrifice

The scroll is hidden beneath the Repentance Shrine under the 2nd tile nearest to the door.

These were the intelligence words she was told before being transported away.

Emiko landed on the ground on her back and coughed from all of the sand that was being released around her. She looked up see that she was by an oasis surrounded by dozens of palm trees. She gasped when she saw 4 unknown shinobi wearing a black mask covering their faces entirely.

They grabbed her and tied the legs and arms together with rope that cut off the use of chakra. "So little genin, what's the information you and your teammates gathered?"

She raised an eyebrow trying to squirm under their hold, "This is how you're going to ask me questions? Well that's a little lame..." she trailed off only to be harshly slapped on the cheek.

Her neck snapped sideways as she quietly gasped from the stinging pain spreading to her whole face making it numb. Licking her teeth, she could feel a little bit of a metallic taste on her tongue. "Wow, you guys slap pretty hard. Hn, but not enough." She gently smirked.

The men suddenly started laughing, "All we did to was a mere slap which caused a small bit of blood to spill. You don't even know half of the things we'll do to you if you don't tell us where the scroll is. We'll break you till you do."

Emiko chuckled, "I'd like to see you try and break me. Bring it."

~~~

"Alright! You may enter the forbidden grounds in 3..2..1! Now!"

Itachi and Shisui wasted no time and flashed away into the desert dunes. For miles and miles all they could really see was yellow sand that never ended. However occasionally they would find a couple of palm trees huddled together.

"So first things first, we need to get to Emiko as soon as possible because that's really our only mission other than saving her." Shisui spoke as they both paused underneath a palm tree to discuss what they would be doing. "Can you sense her chakra anywhere? Man Emiko is the sensor ninja in our group... great."

Itachi closed his eyes and tried to visually map out the desert. He let his own chakra extend out of his body and around the atmosphere trying to sense for others. "Although I'm not good as Emiko, I can detect huddles of chakra that are grouped together in the middle of the grounds. I'm guessing these are also the other chosen victims. Looks like we'll just have to search through and find Emiko."

"Very well. Let's go!" And they disappeared from the spot.

"Go in the direction of Southwest!" Itachi exclaimed as they ran across one of the dunes trying not to sink into it.

"Kami, I hate sand!" Shisui grumbled tripping over his sandals, "It's going into all of the unnecessary places inside my clothes!" he shivered with disgust.

Itachi rolled his eyes, "Come on, we don't have time."

"Right."

~~~

Emiko cried out in pain as she fell to the ground as strong as one hundred daggers piercing her stomach. She could very well feel the blood collecting in her throat causing her to choke violently, spitting out blood every few minutes.

Groaning and screaming with anguish, she writhed on the floor, clutching her knees to her chest, trying to ignore the pain. Her eyes were watery as tears sank down her now hollow cheeks as her breathing came out in shallow rasps.

"So you still aren't talking huh?" One of the men bent down and smirked, "Well I'm impressed. Are you going to talk now?"

She gave a scratchy chuckle, "You really think physical pain like that will make me speak? You must be idiots. I won't tell you anything about the scroll."