Ch.8: Celebrations

Chapter 8: Celebrations

Emiko lay softly snuggled into her blanket, her head resting against the pillow. It was one of those few times where she's had a proper sleep. Her and her team has been going on countless missions as genin, and since all of them were prodigies in some way or another, the Hokage has started assigning mostly B-rank missions, and the occasional A-rank that required not as much work since they were still a bit young.

"Emi..." she felt her shoulders being shaken slightly. Her nose wrinkled in displeasure before she relaxed once again.

"Emiko, wake up!"

"Mhmm," she groggily opened her eyes to see a bare-faced Kakashi smirking at her, "What is it nii-chan?" she rasped.

"Do you know what day it is today?"

"Ugh it's the day I sleep." She muttered before pulling the blanket over her head. Kakashi rolled his eyes at her actions. Although he wasn't surprised; Emiko always had the worst mornings. He chuckled before sitting on the edge of her bed and slowly pulled the blanket away from her face.

"Happy Birthday, Emiko." He whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead. She immediately snapped open her eyes in surprise.

"It's my birthday today?" she exclaimed before jumping out the bed and checking the calendar that was right next to the door.

Kakashi shook his head, "Honestly... and I thought you would at least remember the day you would finally turn 10."

"Turning 10 isn't a big deal as turning 13... see that's when you're a teenager." She winked at him with a grin.

"Alright alright, miss almost teenager, go brush. Breakfast is downstairs as well as your present. I have a mission so I have to leave... but you have a good day and stay safe, okay?" he looked at her determinedly.

Emiko nodded and gave him a hug, "Arigatou, nii-chan!"

He bent down and kissed her cheeks before transporting at the room with a single handed jutsu. She sighed with disappointment thinking that he won't be there to celebrate her birthday, but at least he stayed long enough to wish her. And with that, she got ready.

~~~

Emiko munched on her onigiri rice ball as she read a scroll on lightning jutsus. Her birthday present that Kakashi gave lay aside already opened. He gave her a large sword blade since he knew that one of her best qualities was Kenjutsu.

"EMIKO!!" Shisui barged in through the door and tackled her to the ground, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" he screamed. Her face turned bright red as she started hitting her chest and coughing. "...What's wrong?" he worriedly stared at her as she kept clutching her throat.

"Shisui you idiot!" Itachi for the first time in a while exclaimed as he ran behind Emiko and wrapped his arm around her stomach before he started doing abdominal thrusts with his fist. "Alright...1...2...3!"

Emiko spit out the piece of rice ball before gasping for air. "Y-you almost killed me, baka!" she rasped. Shisui sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"Gomen, but never mind that, open your present!" he shoved the box in her face. Emiko completely forgot her moment of dying as her eyes sparkled with excitement. She ripped up the packaging causing Shisui to sweat drop and Itachi to chuckle.

"Oh my... Shisui." She quietly gasped looking at the beautiful glass clip that was delicately carved into an elegant butterfly. It sparkled under the natural light showing its fragileness. "You shouldn't have... I mean this must have cost you—" she was cut off as Shisui placed his palm on her lips.