Ch.5: The Silent Vow

I updated two chapters: Chapters 4 and 5!!!! So don't miss both of them!! :)

Chapter 5: The Silent Vow

"Sensei!" Emiko yelled as she ran down the hallway seeing her chunin instructor up ahead. Kosho Ozaki stopped when he heard her behind him. Turning, he noticed Emiko panting loudly as she looked up at him with a light grin.

"What is it, Emiko?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I-I was wondering if there was any way for me to move up to the advanced class."

Kosho suddenly blinked at her in mere surprise, "What? You want to move up? Sorry, Emiko but that's impossible."

"But why?!"

"Well let's see, first of all, you are in no rank to be moving up. You are dead last, you don't pay attention in class, you're failing all subjects, except Taijutsu, for some reason, and I just don't think you're capable as of right now." He frowned when he noticed her solemn expression.

Sighing, he bent down to her height and placed his hand on her shoulder, "I know it's hard for you right now Emiko with everything that has been going on with your family, but you shouldn't let that cloud your mind. I'm terribly sorry for your loss; I know it has been affecting you, but... you are not like your brother."

You are not like your brother.

Brother.

"I don't need your sympathies," she narrowed her eyes, "Don't say sorry when you don't mean it. I may be a child, sensei, but I can see right through you and the many others who have offered their words. If you're not going to help me, then I have no other choice than seeing the Hokage himself."

And with that she sprinted out the hallway, leaving her sensei rubbing his temples.

~~~

Emiko lightly kicked the small pebbles on the gravel road as she carelessly walked in the middle of the busy village. People were hustling and selling like any other normal afternoon. It had been about 3 weeks since her father's funeral and things were going back to how they were before, except a few things.

Her relationship with her older brother was slowly deteriorating. Ever since her father had died, Kakashi's attitude had become worse with bitterness, he scorned not only his sister but also his teammates. He was becoming more proud, and not in a good way. And the fact that he would be taking the jounin exams soon wasn't helping either.

Emiko truly missed the old Kakashi. The one who took care of her, fed hair, sometimes trained her, and overall was just there for her. She completely understood that he was hiding his pain behind his attitude. She knew that Kakashi wasn't still over the death of their father, and giving him space was the best thing. The home was currently empty since he had gone on a mission with his team.

However one relationship that constantly grew was with her and Itachi, as well as Shisui. The three of them had been hanging out more so these past weeks. They would often train, do their academy homework together, sit on the dock by the lake, eat at the small shops, especially the Dango Shop since Itachi would always drag them there.

Just thinking about the two made Emiko smile, and before she even realized it, she was being snapped out of her thoughts as someone's hand waved in front of her. "Emi-chan??"

She looked up to see Itachi gazing down out her with curiosity, "What is it?"

"What are you doing out here on the streets?"