chapter 2 - part 1

Soooo i got bored and was writing a little bit...this is the result of that boredom ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up smiling from the memory. My father, I missed him. It had been nine years to the day since I last saw him, and I still dreamt of him. I lied in bed letting the sweet memories of the dream flood my mind.

A soft knock on my door broke me out of my daydream. "Raina? Are you awake yet?" mother's voice called from the other side of the door. I groaned in response. I heard her chuckling as she opened my door. I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "You've slept in late today, it's nearly midday." I gave her a small smile "Yes well I was enjoying my dreams." Every year on this same day, I always had the same dream, and mother knew what I was referring to.

Mother's eyes suddenly became sad, and I saw the shimmer of tears. I jumped up from my bed and ran over to her, wrapping my arms around her in a tight hug. She let the tears flow endlessly as she clung to me. It was the same every year, she would cry and I would just hold her, trying not to cry myself.

After a long while she finally calmed down and pulled away, wiping away the salty trails on her cheeks. She quickly gave me a kiss on my forehead before leaving the room.