Weathered Eye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

"Come on mother! Hurry or we'll miss it!"

I was ten years old. I had grown up with stories of him, even though I had never once met him. My father.

"I'm coming Raina!" came mother's reply from a few feet away.

I was so excited, it was just before sunrise, and I was so afraid we would miss it. Finally I reached the top of the hill, when you looked off the edge you could see out into the open ocean. I felt a hand rest gently on my shoulder, and looked up to see mom smiling down at me, but I could see the shimmer of hope and fear in her eyes. I'm sure I mirrored the expression.

It was nearly time, so we looked out onto the water, waiting. Suddenly there was a bright flash of a strange green light, and you could see the small outline of a ship. His ship.

I started running, down to the beach where mother said he would be. Suddenly she was beside me, she grabbed my hand and pulled me along faster. The beach came into view, and so did a little boat pulled up onto the sand away from the tide. Then a little ways off I saw a man, sitting on a large rock, with his back to us. He looked young, his dark hair was covered by a bandanna, and when he turned to look at us, I could see the distinct outline of a scar running down his chest. "Elizabeth". Mother let go of my hand and ran to him, embracing and kissing him. But I couldn't move, I was frozen.

Once he noticed I was there, he smiled and let go of mother, and slowly made his way over to me. I stood still as he came closer. When he reached me he knelt down in front of me, I noticed his deep brown eyes. Mother said that I was a nice mix of the two of them, that my facial structure came from her, and that my hair and eye color came from him. As I stood there, he slowly raised a hand to my cheek, his hands felt rough from years of working. He soothingly rubbed the side of my cheek, and we smiled. I flung myself at him, holding onto him for dear life. I could feel his chest rumble as he chuckled at my affection. He let go of me, and stood back up, putting his arm around mother's waist.

"Will, this is Raina." Mother said gesturing to me. He turned to look at her, and kissed her lightly on the lips. When he turned back to me, there was a big smile on his tanned face. "What should we do now?" he asked me smiling. I told him how I wanted to be a pirate, just like him, so he offered to teach me how to sword fight.

He spent the next few hours teaching me how to handle a sword, and where to move my feet. Mother watched and she would occasionally participate in the duel.

The sun was going to set soon, and mother and father said they needed some time alone. They had left me sitting on the beach, playing in the sand. I was sitting near the water, the tide would come up and wash over my bare legs. I looked out onto the ocean and could still see his ship, half hidden by an outcropping of rocks. But then I saw it. A few yards away I saw the black ship, the one with black sails. Mother had told me stories of that ship too, that was Jack's ship. Captain Jack Sparrow.

Mother and father came back soon after that, and I knew it was time for him to leave. I couldn't help the tears that started to flow down my cheeks. He came over and gently wiped them away. He wrapped his arms around me again and I buried my face in his chest. When we pulled away, I felt something hanging from my neck. I looked down and saw that it was a heart shaped locket that had a face on it. Father grabbed it and opened it, and music began playing. The music was beautiful and haunting at the same time. He leaned down and gently kissed me on the forehead.

He and mother kissed and said their goodbyes. "Is is safe?" he asked her. She nodded, "Yes it's safe and hidden" I didn't know what they meant. He said he had to leave, got back in his boat and left. Mother and I watched him go. Just as the sun was setting, there was another bright flash of green, and he was gone. I turned and buried my face in mother's side, and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Author's note    Okay so I got this idea late last night, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Obviously it's another fanfic (that seems to be all I write :P) anyway   I'm really excited for this story, and I already know what I'm gunna do with it

What did you guys think?? I want feedback for this because I need to know if people want to read this. So if you want me to continue, leave a comment and vote... Okay?

I need a few comments before the next chapter is up, so ya if you want more   TELL ME!!!!!

Okay so ya PLEASE comment, vote, fan?? :D