Battle

"How many?" Leia asked, rushing towards the hanger bay.

"An entire fleet, General." Her second in command said.

"General!"

Leia looked behind her, and saw a dark haired man rushing to her.

"I know what's happening." He said as he approached her.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Bestar. I'm a Guardian." He explained. "General Organa, all the other academies-"

"Yes I know." She interrupted.

"I know who's behind it."

She looked down, a pain stabbing her heart. "So do I."

"Its not Ben."

Her eyes snapped up.

"Well, Ben is the one doing it, but he's carrying out orders from another, and I know who it is." Bestar panted, still trying to catch his breath.

"His new master." Leia whispered.

Bestar nodded. "His name is Snoke. He's a Sith lord. No one knows where he comes from, but he is very old, and strong in the Force."

"How do you know this?" Leia inquired.

"My wife and I heard rumors back when Luke first asked us to help out at the academies."

Leia waited, ignoring all the others trying to get her attention.

"There's more. Ben commands a group who each specialize in deadly arts from across the galaxy, but Ben is the only one who is Force sensitive. I don't have much time to explain, but I know that whoever it is who is coming here, it is not the Ben you know. Snoke has manipulated him, and turned him into something....... Something evil."

Leia stared down at the ground again, fear rushing over her.

Bestar put a hand on her shoulder. "But I believe there may still be good in him. He was lost, and confused when he came to us several weeks ago, and I tried to help him as best as I could. Snoke used this weakness against him, that's why he's able to control him." Bestar lowered his voice. "He needs to see the trap he's fallen into. Only then can he come back to the light."

"Do you have any idea what kind of weaponry the fleet is carrying?" Her first in command interrupted.

Bestar nodded. "Yes."

"Paden, get this man to the debriefing. I will be there shortly." Leia ordered.

She gave Bestar one last smile, and whispered thank you to him, before taking off. She was looking for someone in particular, and as far as she was concerned, he was her only hope.

°

"Poe."

He looked over his shoulder as he tossed a bag into his X-wing. He turned and saluted as the General approached.

"General-"

"I need your help, Poe." She asked, almost breathlessly.

He nodded. "Anything."

"I need you on the ground. I know that you're a pilot, but I understand that you have some experience as a fighter."

He nodded again. "Yes, ma'am, I do."

She pulled something out of her pocket, and set it out on her palm so that he could see. It was a tiny, round device, with a small button on one curve.

"This is a micro-eletric field generator. Very dangerous in the wrong hands." She warned.

He frowned. "What do you want me to do with it?"