Chapter Eight

I wake with Louis next to me on my bed. I'm lying on his bare tattooed chest and I sigh in content before looking up at him to find him already awake, smiling at me with two mugs of coffee. One in his hand and one on the bedside table. He passes one to me as I sit up and I grin tiredly at him.

"This seems familiar." I tell him and he laughs.

"Here's your mail." Louis adds, reaching onto the table and passing the mail to me before getting the newspaper for himself.

"De ja vu." I laugh and he nods in agreement.

"Dan and Phil took the triplets to school." Louis tells me, his voice scratchy from sleep. "They said that they had booked an appointment for the adoption centre at eleven so you have to be ready by then." I check the clock on the wall opposite and my eyes widen when I see it's half ten already. "Something you want to tell me about adopting?" Louis asks as I hurry out from under the covers and head over to the dresser.

"Dan and Phil are planning on adopting. They wanted me there with them and I agreed." I tell Louis as I hurriedly grab some black jeans and a red shirt. I hurry into the bathroom.

"I think we should have another kid." Louis tells me and I stumble as I put my jeans on.

"What?" I ask him.

"I think we should have another kid." Louis repeats, getting out of our bed and coming over to me as I hurry over to the mirror and grab my hairbrush. He wraps and arm around my waist and starts to kiss my neck. I hold back a moan and push him off.

"Lou." I warn him but he makes his way back over to me and starts to kiss me again. "Lou." I say again but it comes out as a moan and I feel Louis smirk against my neck. "You're such an asshole." I tell him and shove him off but he just shoots me a smirk before kissing my lips lightly.

"But you love me." He whispers, looking into my eyes.

"But I love you." I agree and his eyes light up like a kid's on christmas as he kisses me again.

"If you really want another kid," I start and he looks at me hopefully which makes me smile, "we can always try for another." 

"Elizabeth! You ready to go?" Dan shouts up the stairs.

"Yeah! Just give me two minutes!" I call back and I hear the men sigh in annoyance which makes me smile.

"Two minutes? That's not going to be long enough." Louis complains and I laugh at him.

"Lou, we're not going to try now! Now I'm going to put some make-up on and go out with Dan and Phil." I tell Louis as I put on some mascara. I lean over and kiss him lightly. "I'm going to go but you can pick the kids up, right?" Louis nods before connecting our lips again. "Luke and Frankie have football practise but James is alright to watch just make sure he has something to entertain himself with." I mumble against Louis's lips.

"You act as though you don't trust me." Louis whispers but he's smiling.

"Maybe I don't." I murmur and his smile widens.

"I love you."

"I love you too but I've got to go. Dan and Phil are waiting." Louis pouts at me but pulls away and heads into the bathroom and I go downstairs. I smile at two of my best friends and we leave the room, climbing into my car and I drive them to the adoption centre.

"Hey, we have an appointment for Howell-Lester and Horan?" Phil tells the person at the front desk and they nod.

"Of course, I'll just get someone to take you through." She smiles and her eyes land on Dan, turning her friendly smile into a flirty one. "But, actually I'd be more than happy to take you through."

"That's nice of you." Phil says sourly as the woman comes out from behind her desk and starts to lead us through while flirting with Dan. I pat Phil on the shoulder.

"It's okay, Phil, Dan's gay. With you, mind." I remind him and Phil grins at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder in a friendly fashion.

"You do realise I'm gay, right?" We overhear Dan say to the woman in front of us and Phil and I crack up. "Not to mention it's with him." Dan points at Phil and smiles lovingly at him and then winks at me jokingly. "Notice the name: Howell-Lester. We're married. We're here to adopt a child." Phil and I start to get hysterical and Dan joins in.

"Oh, right. I didn't have you down for one of those people." The lady grimaces and speeds up, leaving us behind. The smiles slowly slip off of their faces and Phil's arm slides off of my shoulder and he interlocks his fingers with Dan's. I give them a reassuring smile and Dan forces one in return.

"C'mon, guys, let's just go." Phil mutters and starts to walk again. I grab Dan's hand.

"It's going to be okay, honey. Trust me. It's going to be okay." I tell him and he nods but still looks nervous. I let go of his hand and shove mine into my pockets.

The minute we walked into the room filed with hopeful looking teens, it goes silent and I know people are recognising us. Dan and Phil from YouTube and me from Niall.