Chapter Seven

*Next Week*

There's a knock at the door as the triplets and I are eating breakfast.

"It's open!" I call and the door crashes open as none other than Dan and Phil come into the kitchen.

"I sensed food!" Dan shouts and starts to raid my plate for the remanding two pancakes on it.

"Who are you?" Luke blurts out, looking at them.

"Luke! You must remember Uncle Dan and Uncle Phil!" I laugh at him as James crawls onto my lap.

"I remember you! You had a wedding! I was the flower girl!" Francesca announces proudly, climbing onto Phil's lap. Phil laughs at her and nod, stroking her hair. It clicks in Luke's mind who they are and he grins, getting onto Dan's lap as well.

It was true, though, a year ago Dan and Phil had finally gotten married after being in a relationship for several years. Phil had asked me to be one of his groom's men... but groom's woman. Chris had been Dan's best man, PJ was Phil's. It was the first time I had met the two of them and it turned out they were also engaged. They were awesome humans and we got along well. So well in fact, that I got an invitation to their wedding as well for a couple of months.

Seriously, though, Dan and Phil's wedding was beautiful. It reflected the two of them perfectly.

"What's with the surprise visit, guys?" I ask, giggling and they stop playing with the triplets to look at me for a couple of seconds.

"We're adopting." Dan finally says and I grin, punching the air.

"Finally!" I shout and the triplets giggle at me. "Hey guys, why don't you go and get changed and play outside for a bit, yeah? I have a bit of catching up to do with your uncles." I tell the kids with a smile. They nod and Francesca and Luke run off.

"Mummy?" James asks and I nod. "Is Daddy coming over today?" He asks me curiously.

"I think so, yeah. I'll send him out when he gets here, alright hon?" I promise him and he nods, running up the stairs to get changed. I flick the kettle on and make a cup of tea for Dan and two cups of instant coffee for Phil and I.

"Their Dad?" Phil asks as I start to make the drinks.

"Yeah, Louis found out about them, wanted in on their life, he's an awesome dad, I forgave him and we're back together." I say all in one breath, turning around and handing them their mugs before grabbing mine off of the counter and sitting on the breakfast bar. "Anyway, adoption?" 

"Yeah... we've been thinking about it for a while now and thought we would consult you." Dan tells me, sipping at his drink.

"Cool. You thinking baby or child?" I ask and Phil answers this time.

"Child. Well... teen actually."

"Girl or boy?"

"Girl."

"Age group?"

"Thirteen to sixteen."

"Tomboy or girly girl?"

"Middle ground. Not too girly bearing in mind we're guys but not boyish so much that they're getting in fights all the time." Dan answers and I laugh at that.

"Sounds good, guys. I'm excited for you." I tell them honestly and they grin.

"Thanks."

"We were kind of wondering if you would maybe come with us to meet the girls?" Dan asks nervously.

"Thought you'd never ask." I smile. "But it would have to be on a day Louis or the lads can take care of the triplets or when they're at school." I tell them and they nod.