F e e l

Dear Ian,

You've picked the worst time to find me. I heard every word you said, about you being in love with me and all. Your words replayed in my head over and over again as I laid in bed. I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was you. I always ignore what my heart feels but when I laid there thinking of you, it was racing so fast in my chest grabbing my attention, it was as if it were demanding to be felt. My heart tells me to go to you but my head tells me to stay and finish what I started. My heart tells me that I need to go now or you'll never love me again, but my head tells me to be patient because doing this is the best for the both of our love.

I've waited since forever to hear those words but I'd never guess that my response would be 'why now?' I'm scared, Ian. I want to run home and cry in your arms again. I felt the urge to do so when the paramedics took the boy away. I felt the urge to cry when Ethan told me that Cheryl was Henry's wife and every man in town slept with her, including him. Why does the world have to be so unfair to Henry? She strutted inside this bar knowing that Henry would be there so she can cause trouble. My boss knew it, Ethan knew it, the diners knew it, everyone knew it except me.

All I know right now is that I'm in love with you too.

Dawn