Chapter 9 - First Time

A week has passed and a party came at last. I was getting ready until I had no idea what kind of clothes I'm going to wear. I was going for short jeans but I prefer skirts. If I wore shorts, I feel drafty. This is so hard. I can't even pick properly. I was browsing my clothes, which had piled up on top of my bed, my Umma came in the room.

"What took you so long? You're going to be late on this party of yours." She cringed, looking all the mess.

"I know I'm gonna be late because of this. It's hard, you know?"

"Is it that important?"

"Of course it is, Umma. I need to look pretty for his party."

"Oh, so it' a 'boys' party. No wonder you're picky."

"Ummaa...", I shrugged at her comment. His party is important to me. And I need to look possibly casual to his party. Or else I'd be a freak in a show.

"Just wear something simple, and not bling bling. That'll work."

I looked at her as if I agreed. "You think so?"

"Of course so. Now hurry up."

I chose a simplest shirt I could wear and pick a black stoking skirt. I may be look like a doll but it'll do the work. Okay, time to do make up.

--------------------------------------------------

We arrived at Mingyu's workshop. He planned the party at a cafe. He reserved it tonight so he closed the shop early. It was just a simple cafe, and not so fancy building. He chose this place so it'll be easy to clean up upterwards rather than doing it in his home yard. Umma send me to his place. I wore brown blouse with small beads that could light up from a light. My bottoms were my long skirt till my knees and a black long knee sock. A dark brown casual shoe finishes the touches. It is the simple thing I could wear for the party. On a bright side, it is my first party gathering. No wonder they'll ask around bout' my boring attire. Oh well, my taste.

I was walking in the entrance and greet my classmates. They wore not so bright clothes but blend in with mine. Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Songs blasted on speakers, full max and it could be heard from outside the building. Food and drinks section were on a corner display and I can't see where Wonwoo at. Where is he? I was looking around until I spotted Baekhyun with others.

"You're late, Seohyeon. I thought you didn't come." He gave an angry look but disappeared as we hug. He was glad that I came. I was actually didn't intend to go, but his pleading works too. I wish I could had record it. It was too funny.

"Mianhae. But I'm here now."

"Yeah right." He rolled his eyes and went to get a drink. "You want some?"

"No thank you. Umm... where's Wonwoo anyway?"

"Wonwoo? Oh, he's inside, talking with his group. You should say hi to him."

"Yeah. See ya." I said farewell and went inside to look for Wonwoo. I went in the living room and I quickly found him, sitting on a double armchair alone. I smiled and I approached him silently with the musics pounding. I went near him and he didn't noticed me. He still didn't noticed me until I surprised him.

He jumped on his seat and held out his arm as if defense. "What the hell?! Seohyeon? I thought you're someone else."

"And I'm not." I sat slowly beside a reserved space.

"Thought you didn't come. You're late."

"I know and I apologized for that." I pout at his faked angered look. It dissipate and he patted my head.

"I was worried you didn't come." You were worried? I look at him, as if I heard him wrong.

"Now that you're here, I think it's time we begin." He stood up and made me followed him.

"Begin what?"

"You'll see." We went outside and as a symbol, Seventeen approached him one by one. Wonwoo assured me to sit somewhere and while watch him. Then all the members line up. With a cue of music, they started to move with it.

They dance to the music and with a perfect sync. Then a word came, makes you want to sing along.

Mansae, mansae, mansae yeah

And Mingyu ended the song. We all clapped at their performances. Some of us clap, while others wistles. They all work out a sweat at their performances and we were enjoyed by it. And most importantly, I get to watch it, first hand, Wonwoo's performance. I watched him smiled with his members, laughing together. I adore it everytime he talks. Wonwoo, I wish you could noticed me.

--------------------------------------------------

"I didn't knew you were that kind of person, Seohyeon. Seriously, you make my day." We laugh at him being exagerriting.

We were sitting on a swing outside while we told stories to each others. I was dying to know all about him. But now is the right time he told me one. I was so delighted and we didn't knew that everyone around us just vanished. It's like we were the only left in our very universe. I love it. I love every moment with you, Wonwoo. He stopped laughing and stared at something for a while. He was quiet until I ask him.

"What's wrong, Wonwoo?"

"It's just... someone told me, if you close your eyes and wish something you had ever wanted on this old swing. You're wish might comes true. I don't know.. it's just rumored I heard." I look at him and thought what he said. He was quiet and he look like he wanted to do it. "How about it? Wanna try?" He waited for me and ready as he waited.

"Yeah, let's do it!" I delighted close my eyes and wish to myself. I wish you like me as well, Wonwoo. I smiled and hoped that the wish will came true. As I still firmly closed my eyes, I heard his clothes moving. It moved and turn. Then I felt a presence getting neared me. I fear if I opened my eyes, so I closed it tight and waited for the outcome. When I feel it near me, I closed it as I pushed myself to him.

Our lips connected. Our lips touch. My lips touch his. Oh my god. I kissed him. I mean, we kissed. I can't believe this. I felt like everything stop, the music, the scenery and the people talk being muted down. Then my conscience came back to me. I suddenly pulled myself away from him. I couldn't believe this. Am I dreaming? I opened my eyes and stared at him, wide open. I was shocked and he look like he was too. His face got red and he flustered from what we did. By then, he suddenly stood up and ran inside without any explanation. I was so dumbfounded and I didn't stop or catching up to him. I couldn't still believe that we just kissed. I just stared at the trees and remembered the incident. I feel like I'm on cloud nine. And on time, I fainted on the spot.