Chapter 6 - It Can't be

Since I started playing piano and sing it to it's tune, Wonwoo always beckons me to sing one of his choosen covers. Like any other songs, we sometimes had a duet together every after the end of day. We always met each other and we became paired up patners. Some of the students, I heard they made up paired up names like Wonhyeon or Seohwoo. It was weird but I wish it was real. Everyday we became so closed that no one dares to interrupted us or sepearated us. And I love spending my time with him. We always got time for each other like we sat on the same table with his group friends, Seventeen. And went home as we walked side by side and waited for our curfew. I wish he can be mine. Alright, I made my decision. I'll tell him after school. I will let everything out and make him realized that there was someone who love him dearly and stayed forever in his arms. I will tell him with no hesitation. I sat still on my seat and waited Baekhyun to come over. As he sat himself, he started pouring paper sheets on my table.

"What is this?", as I scan the paper one one by one.

"Music sheet. And I want you to play it for him".

"What?! You already prepared one?"

"Yep. This is how friends, help eachother. And I'm your friend"

"It feels so wrong and weird.."

"Why not?"

"Well, usually boys doing all the work but this is opposite. And it's weird to sing a confession song, let alone to a boy that hardly notice me"

"Relaaax. It'll be fiiine. You're his friend after all. What could possibly be wrong?" I arranged the sheets before someone called me.

"Hello, Seohyeon-unnie", as she approached with her books and her noisy fans. It's Hani, again.
"May I ask you to borrow some of your music sheets? It's for a project that's left". I really don't like her. I tried ignored her but she's important to Wonwoo. It's like she's the queen who always win the heart of a coollest guy in school. And I was afraid that might happened.

"Well, sure. There you go", as I handed out the other sheets. I tried my best of being nice to her. I did and I'm doing it for my reputation. Not my pride.

"Thanks. Oh, whoops!" She dropped her paper, possibly scattered all the sheets on the floor. She really done it. "Now, I don't need it. Hahahaha", as she laughed away to her group of friends. They saw what happened and all in the group snickered. I held my breath and let out a puff. She is so childish. I picked up the scattered papers.

Not for long, she stepped one of the paper and walked away with her wicked smile. She glance at me before she cackled. Now the left papers were covered with her footprint. She really done it. I held my anger in so much and breath calm before I've gone pissed. This is what I've been endured in school. I had a bullied and a rival. After I picked up the first printed paper, someone's hand grip the last paper.

"Need help?" It was Wonwoo. Are you saving me?

"No thanks"

"What's with the voice? Having a bad day already?"

"It's nothing, really", as I smiled, pretended I was okay. No I'm not and I'm so pissed at her. If it's for you, I had no choice but to calm down my inner beast. Thank you for your timing. I cleaned up all the sheets and hid it inside my folder. I will rewrite it again later. I went to Wonwoo, who's been waiting for me. We were going for a walk to my hidden place. Yes, he knows where an abandoned is. And I don't mind about it.

---------------------------------------------------

I was standing outside the studio. I was waiting for him before I went home. He has dance practiced class and I was hoping that I could confessed to him afterwards. Then I saw his shadow came out from the room. I was going to approached him but a voice crept in. It was the voice that I don't want to hear in a zillion years. They walked out together, without noticing my fade presence. I hid behind the pillar and let it's shadow shadowed me. Why are they went out together? I know Hani has the same dance class with him. But not at this hour. I followed them behind and they stopped right outside the music room. That's where all instrument is. Then I heard something I wish it wasn't happened.

"I want to show you something", as she grasp his arm and pulled him to the building.

There was no one in the buiding and I'm sure they were the only one in there. What is she doing to him? When they were insides, I followed near and put my ear beside the glass wall. I could hear them holding something and sat quietly. It was quiet, until

I heard a strummed.

I was surprised and shocked that she was playing a song for him. This couldn't be happend. It can't be! I was going to faint but stayed ground. This can't be happend! I stayed calm but I was too worried that it might happened to be a confession. I closed my mouth to stop me from breathing heavily. I just couldn't believe this. When I heard nothing, I went near the glass door frame and look through it. What I saw was I don't want to ever see it. They've hug and he said something so clear.

"I like you, too"

I had enough of this! I ran far away from them and crashen on ground. I sobbed myself and letting all my tears out. No, it can't be. He can't like her! Maybe I heard him wrong. But he said so himself! I stood up from my state and walked to where Chanyeol park his car. I wiped all my tear stained before I came out to his vision. I came inside and we're out from the godforsaken place. I still remembered he hug her back. I sniffed and let a tear fell. Chanyeol noticed this.

"What's wrong, Seohyeon?"

"It's nothing, oppa. It's just something came into my eye"

"Yeah, right. Tell me, Seohyeon" as he gave out a stern voice. I hate this side of him. And I'm so not in the mood to talk to him.

"I don't wanna talk about it, okay?!" I let out full of tears and broke down. I still remembered it.

Chanyeol just kept quiet and hushed me with his gentle tone.

"There, there. Just let it all out". He handed me a tissue and I used it, wiped my tears. I stopped sobbing when we came a stop at my house. "Better?"

I nodded my head but I was unsured to tell him the story.

"Don't worry about it. You'll tell me some other time. Just tell me when you feel like it, okay?"

I looked at him for a while. I smiled a bit and hug him for a brief.

"Thank you, oppa". Before I went out, he ruffled my hair and gave out his sheepish smiled.

"Just don't let it get to you"

"Alright, oppa"

I went inside and Chanyeol took off. When I opened the door, Umma was probably out, buying groceries since I saw a sticker pad when I closed the door. Umma must be worried if she saw me. I truged upstair and went in my room. I fell to my bed and started to cry, remember what had happened. This is not what I wanted to happened. Why Wonwoo? Why? I sniffed and cried one last time before I'm off to sleep.