Chapter 8 - Presents

I was walking down the path back to my home. I feel like I want to walk by foot. So I already told Chanyeol to don't fetch me at school. I was strolling soundlessly until a vibration coming from my skirt pocket. Someone texted me. I checked my phone and opened it's password. It was Mingyu. He texted me that he planned a party for someone big day. I wonder who is it. I texted back asking who but after long seconds, he only replied 'it's a secret'. That's dumb. Shouldn't I know who was it? I scratched it off my mind and wandered going back home.

-------------------------------------------------

When I'm done with showers, I went in my room and get ready in solving my homework. It was maths, so I had to texted Baekhyun in need of his help. We always done this everytime we had maths homework. It works pretty well as we combined our stragedy in finishing it. When I texted back, my phone vibrated which Baekhyun must texted me this quick. But it wasn't Baekhyun's message pops up. It's Mingyu again. I read his message and contemplate wheather I want to come or not. We're not even closed but we're in same class, so he decided he will celebrated a birthday with her or his classmate. This is going to be rowdy if he invite all of the class. Thank god that he only invited us. So I gave him a quick hello before I agreed in his planning. Then I went on my bed and thought who might be. I texted another and waited for his replied. He said it was someone who he's been planning to have a party with it. He also said it's going to be memorable for him. So, it was a guy. And he said it with so much cared. That could mean... Wonwoo having his birthday next week. Oh my god, how come I never thought of that? And it's next week. I need to buy him a present or... I confessed to him? Should I do that? It could be his best day or the worst for me. I think it's time for me to tell him rather then delayed much. After finishing touches of maths, I could go to bed early this night.

--------------------------------------------------

It was weekend and I was planning to buy Wonwoo a present. I bet he might like it since it comes from me. But I need to find a perfect one and not burdensome. I walk around in Seoul, from shop to shop, and adoring all the things I passed by. Everything I came across were expensive. I can't even afford one choice.

"What does Wonwoo like the most?" I was murmering myself until someone approached me.

"And what do you think it is?" I turned my head and face the person, a person who I've been keeping my heart in bay. He wore plain grey baggy t-shirt, a tight black skinny jeans and a white sneakers. He look so different without his uniform.

"Oh, hey Wonwoo." I glanced behind him to see if he has companion. "Are you by yourself?"

"Yeah. Didn't knew we met coincidence." He shrugged with a smiled. This isn't coincidence, this is fate. I'm sure it's fate. "So what're you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just... walking around.. observing stuffs." This is embarrassing. This was meant to be a surprised. Thanks to my luck, now he's here with me. It's okay. That means I could spend more time with him.

"Are you busy by now?"

"Umm no. You can come along if you want to." He grin wide and happy with my decision.

"Sure, why not."

We almost strolled around the venue and I'm kinda getting hungry. Then, Wonwoo suggested that we should get our stomach full. We went in some small stall and sat on somewhere far behind at the corner. I comfortably sit on it's chair and browse the menus. Then I noticed something. I'm going an a date with Wonwoo. Oh my god, why did'nt I realized this? This is the best day of my life. I smiled behind which covered my half face with a menu. Wonwoo didn't noticed that I've been creepyly smiled by myself. Seriously, I'm so loving his moment.

Meanwhile after we ordered and our food has served, we chowed down the food silently. This is awkward. What's more, I've been side glancing him the moment he put his food inside his mouth. Thank goodness he did not noticed me but I'm brightly enjoying his view. When he chewed his food and swallowed it. It's so beautiful. I'm going to cherish this moment with him. All of sudden, he spoke after swallowed his third.

"What kinds of things would you like when your birthday comes?" He stopped eating and look at me, waiting for me to answered. I was thinking about it but somehow, I don't want any. Nothing comes up in my mind so I answered him casually.

"I don't need any. All I want is a greeting. That's enough for me."

"Really? You don't want anything?"

"Nope." That's all I want really. "How about you, Wonwoo. What do you want?"

"Well for me.... I was hoping that person... no, it's nothing." He started eating back his leftover. He looks distant and he must be thinking a lot what he wants. "I just hope, that's all."

"Hope? Why hopeing? Your birthday is coming up and you're only hopeing?" He smiled at this.

"Yep. That's all I want. Hope. You don't like it?"

"W-what! Why should I? It's yours, not mine." I scoffed a bit and went back to eating. Then I wandered what he's hoping for. Was he hopeing something miracle or a big party coming on. What if, he's hopeing for something big event or.. or meeting someone I don't know. I hope it's not what I thought it is. Then I'll hope he doesn't get what I didn't thought it would be.

-----------------------------------------------------

I guessed time passed by and I think we were going to bid our farewell. I sighed a bit as our time has end. I was a bit sad that I couldn't make his time worth. But I do enjoyed every munute with him.

"I guess we'll see again tomorrow then." He sounded like he's not having much fun. Oh man, why did you not entertain him more then? This is all my fault. "But it's fun hanging around with you." He gazed at me and smiled faintly. I stared awe at him. He had fun. I smiled a bit.

"You wanna go another round next time? How about we go to an amusement park together?"

"With Seventeen?"

"Yeah, with Sevent--." He stopped midway and thought for a while. Did I said something wrong? He plainly said with no energy, I can sense that, "with seventeen...right.."

I look up at him and he seems hesitant in what he's going to say next. He took a breath and he opened his mouth but was blocked by the train passing us. I couldn't hear what he said but I could see a bit red on his face. Is he sick? After the train stop on it's track and waited for the passengers, I was waiting for him to repeat what he had said. But he only said "It's nothing." I wanted to asked him more but he assured me to go. "Go, before they leave. Just go in." I was hesitant but went in anyway. He smiled at me from outside and waved his pale hand at me. I'm sure he was sick since his cheecks covered with red. He showed his teeth smiled and mouted something I couldn't understand. Then the doors closed and the train went off to another station. I saw him before we're off. Then I thought what he was trying to say. But I brushed off since I need to pack some soups for him tomorrow. I'm sure he need it. Like a lot.

HeartATTACK - Wonwoo Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें