Chapter 20 - A Call Can Change Everything

Hey guys, hope you liked the last chapter. This is a short one but it’s a major twist to the story. Keep reading!

-Shruts

Chapter 20 : A CALL CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

AHAAN’S POV:

Siddharth was looking at me with extreme anger. If looks could kill, I would have been dead a hundred times by now.

I had just told him the situation that had bothered me since yesterday morning, since that wretched call. I was sitting on the kitchen counter when he had just come back from his date. He had been really happy. And I hadn’t done anything proud enough to make his mood any better. His eyes had turned angrier as I had told him. He had walked away from me and now after an hour he had come back shouting.

“You understand what you are saying, right?” he asked me.

“Yeah,” I replied giving in. There was no point fighting him.

“How could you do this? To me? To Kavya? I am your best friend right?” his voice now at a very high octave. He was mad and he had every right to be. When he had taken her name it had pierced right through me. Why hadn’t it ever occurred to me?

“How could you forget such an important thing? You bloody are leaving the country in a month and you tell me now? Why didn’t you just call me on the day you were leaving and say “I am going to the UK forever, bye?” he paused and then said,” Forget about me. Did you ever once think about Kavya?”

I winced again when he took her name. “I can live without you in the same city but she’s in love with you man? What are you going to do about her? What are you going to tell her?”

“You don’t think I thought about her?” I asked raising my voice now.

“Clearly you didn’t. Or this day wouldn’t have come. How long have you known?” he asked.

“For about 11 months now,” I sighed.

Siddharth slapped me right across my face. “11 MONTHS? THAT WAS EVEN BEFORE YOU MET HER.” His voice was so loud; I swear the whole building could hear us.

“Control yourself Sid. Why can’t you believe me when I say I forgot? I knew for 11 months but I was reminded of it just yesterday when I got a call from them. And it gave me a bigger jolt than I could have imagined. And stop slapping me. You are not losing the girl you love. I am.”

He looked at me with resignation when I heard her say, “What the hell is going on?”

I turned around to see an extremely confused Kavya.