Chapter 12

Every chance Jimmy got, he would shoot a glare at the table. Even during the commercial breaks Jimmy had his eye on us. Miles didn't want to go nowhere near him so he sat here next to me terrified. Steve came and stood in front of us, since weren't paying attention he ended up scaring us to death. "I'm noticing Jimmy is constantly staring at the table. Why is he staring at you two?" He asked. He rested both of his palms on the table, leaning forwards so no else can hear. Thankfully Steve is blocking Jimmy's view. I looked at Miles before responding to Steve. "Well he-" Miles cut me off by putting his hand on my forearm. "He saw me sitting with her in lobby with Caiden, sitting on my lap. Me and Braelyn were holding hands, I just asked her out on a date when I felt somebody standing there looking at us. When I finally looked up I saw him. He looked pissed off. Steve, when I tell you, that didn't look like Jimmy it really didn't. He look like a different person." Miles whispered. Steve nodded and sat down in Gavin's chair. I wish he didn't do that. He was blocking Jimmy's glare. Which is now on me. I covered my face with my fingers and ignored his burning glaze. "Well, I can tell you this, this morning he called me and Lorne in his office. He revealed something to us. Then, Nancy came in 2 hours later with the girls.

Jimmy asked me to take the girls to my office so he could talk to Nancy while Lorne sat in his office. Whatever happened in there ended badly. She came in my office, grabbed the girls and stormed off. I heard she came back because she forgot Franny's toy. From what I'm hearing around office, Nancy told the intern everything." My heart starts to pound, what the hell did Jimmy tell Steve and Lorne? What if he told them about us. That we slept together? I knew this was a bad idea. Before Brie Larson comes out to be interviewed, Jimmy is going to do Pros & Cons about the presidential race. I'm slouched down in my chair looking at everything else but Jimmy. A producer warned Jimmy that he has 15 seconds before they go back on the air. Somebody in the control room or whatever dimmed the lights. Thank god. "5...4...3...2..." A floor manager shouted. Steve got up from Gavin's seat and went over to his podium. Gavin quickly sat down in his seat watching Jimmy.

"Tonight, we're going to be looking at the pro and cons of the presidential race..." Jimmy laughs afterwards. After he did the pro and cons segment, the show went on another commercial. Jimmy didn't stare this time. But I still felt his angry vibe in the atmosphere. I still don't know why he's mad. I mean, he has a wife and 2 beautiful little girls. I snapped out of my little trance I looked over to see Jimmy and the judges from The Voice playing Spin the Microphone.

~

The show is finally over, Jimmy is now giving the audience high fives, I told Miles and Gavin I'm going to go run to his office where mom and Caiden are, so Jimmy won't creep me out anymore. I looked up to see him talking to a couple, he made it to the other side of the audience. Now, is my chance, I quickly got up hugged Gavin and Miles and walked through the double doors and started to run to his office. As I'm running to his office I ran into someone causing me to fall. I quickly got up and apologize before I got a chance to walk away the person spoke. "You don't have to apologize, Braelyn. I'm the one who didn't see you running." I finally looked up and see it was Cheyenne. I let out a sigh of relief, "hey Cheyenne it's cool. I shouldn't have been running, it's just that...."

She held her hand up, "let me guess, Jimmy was still staring at you and Miles with that pissed off look on his face?" I nod, "How did you-" I started before she cut me off once again. She looked off in the distance, "two of the interns was a fill in, in the audience since two of the audience members didn't make it in time to return to their seats. They told me how he was constantly looking at the writers table. Since, I already knew you and Miles were sitting there I just put 2 and 2 together." Cheyenne to let out a sigh. "Yeah, I know that look. Everybody here knows that look. When he's really pissed off, he'll shut down and won't talk. I'm surprise he even did the show tonight. Last time he had to take the day off because he couldn't focus on the show. But I heard him and Nancy kind of got into a heated argument this morning. So whatever is going on between you and Miles I highly doubt Jimmy is mad over that." She said. Boy, I wish she was right. But she's not. "Jimmy is mad at us, me and Miles. He saw us holding hands and..." Cheyenne raised her hand up again. "Who cares. You and Miles are both single. He can't get mad over that. Yes, him and Nancy are probably fighting. You're making it seems like Jimmy is in love with you." She laughed. I stayed silent looking at the floor. She made a dramatic gasp. "Is Jimmy in love with you?" She asked with a hand covering her mouth.