Chapter 6

Jimmy

As much as I love my parents, but, I hate driving up here. Sitting in a car for 2 hours is too long. I always find ways to distract myself on the ride up here, usually I'm singing or blasting Bruce Springsteen songs on Pandora. I don't drive. Well, actually I do, but according to everybody when I drive I cause them to have a panic attack. I looked at everybody, Audrey got her head against the window. Braelyn is in a fetal position with her head on my lap. Caiden is still sleep, his pacifier just fell out of his mouth causing him to stir a little... Never mind, I take that back, he started to cry which made Braelyn jump up.

"I got him Braelyn, his pacifier just fell out of his mouth." I quickly reassured her.

"Ok thanks, Jimmy." She smiled and laid her head against the window. I leaned over the seat to put the pacifier back in his mouth,

"it's ok, pal. Daddy got you."

~

We finally made it to my parents, thank god. I softly nudge Braelyn's arm. She woke up and looked at me.

"This better be good, Jimmy. I was in the middle of a good dream." She lightly smiled.

"We're here." She looked out the window. Immediately, I could tell, she was nervous. I grabbed her hand and reassured her, "it's going to be ok, they're going to love you and Caiden."

She gave me a 'yeah right' facial expression. I let out a small laugh, "don't give me that look. I'm serious." Audrey got out of the car and stretched. She unstrapped Caiden from his seat and scrunched her face in disgust.

"Caiden, needs a diaper changed. You stink, do you know that little boy?" Caiden looked at her and giggled.

I looked at Caiden, "I'll change him. Even though I'm about to lose my appetite." I rubbed the back my neck.

Braelyn hopped out of the car with Caiden's baby bag. "Here you go" she pats my shoulder "good luck with him. He might give you a golden shower. You know how boys are."

I watched her walk away. "Hold on, what do you mean, he's going to give me a golden shower?"

Braelyn walked back to me. "He might pee on you. He peed on me thousands of times, mom, Jace, Ahsha, my dad, my grandparents and his daycare provider." I laughed, "wow our boy is a little savage." She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I opened the bag to pull out the diaper and wipes, "ok, Caiden, you're not going to give me a golden shower, are you?" I giggle. I slowly took out off the diaper very cautiously.

"Eww Caiden, what is mommy feeding you?" I said a little loud so Braelyn could hear.

"Breast milk, yogurt, bananas and other shit. " Braelyn shouted.

I sigh, "that's exactly what it looks like. Shit. Caiden we're going to start feeding you other stuff. This is disgusting." I laughed.

I successfully changed his diaper without getting peed on. I don't know how long that's going to last, but I'm not ready for it, I don't think I'll ever be ready. I fixed his outfit and disposed the dirty diaper in my parents black trash bin. I picked up Caiden and his bag and closed the car door before walking towards Braelyn and Audrey who are checking out my parents traditional house.

"Their house looks like it belongs in a lifetime movie." Braelyn whispered. Audrey nodded in agreement.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked. I walked up to the door before ringing the doorbell.

"No." Braelyn responded.

"It's okay, Brae." Audrey looked at her.

"They're not going to do anything to you. Not with me and Jimmy here. You already know how I get." Audrey replied. She rubbed Braelyn shoulder. Braelyn took a deep breath and glanced over to me.