Chapter 9

Jimmy

I woke up and look at the clock on my nightstand, it's noon. I quickly got out of bed and rush to Audrey's room. I have to get her and Caiden out of the house for the whole day. I hope she doesn't have any suspicion about me sending them to NYC for the whole day. I knocked on her door. I heard her gentle voice say, "come in." I opened the door to see her sitting on a stool in front of the vanity combing her long brown hair. "Hey Jimmy, what's up?" She asked as she stops combing her hair and stares at me through the mirror.

I took a deep breath in order to keep my lie in check. I sat down on the chair that's sitting across from the vanity. "I need you to do a favor, Caiden kept Braelyn up last night, and I was wondering if you can take him to New York for the whole day." Audrey turned around and faced me. "That's weird, I didn't hear him cry. But I did see Caiden sleeping next her this morning." She replied. The way she's looking at me, I knew this lie wouldn't work.

"Yeah, I helped her out with him. I just want to help her, I know she's exhausted. She didn't go to sleep until 2:30 something."

Audrey still staring at me, "what time did you go to sleep?"

"The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:34am."

She nods her head, "ok, well while we're out there, I can take him to some modeling agencies." She giggles.

"Take him to the Lego store too. He's going to love it."

"Ok." She said.

"Wait, hold on." I ran out of her room and into my room. I grabbed my wallet and took out my black American Express credit card and walked back into Audrey's room. "Here, buy Caiden anything." She took the card out of my hand and smirked, "I smell bribery. Something's up. I can't put my finger on it." She said with her eyes squinted.

I shook my head. "There's no bribery." I fake smile. "So..." I clapped my hands together, "what time are you guys leaving. You know, so I can call Jackson?"

"Oooooooo, I'm going to be with pretty boy Jackson all day?" She smirked. I laugh and nod my head, yes.

"Well, if that's the case, than let me get out my cute summer dress. I've been waiting to wear this. Me and Caiden should be out of here in 25 minutes."

"You get ready, I got Caiden." I walked out the room and made my way to his room. When I opened his door I saw the most heart warming sight ever, Gary jumped in the crib again. This time, she's all curled up with Caiden. Caiden has his head on Gary's side, sucking on his pacifier.

"Hi Caiden, good morning baby boy." I smile as I walked up to the crib.

"Da...da." I'm still smiling as my heart skipped several beats. He makes me smile every time.

"Hey buddy." I pick him up. Gary raised her head up and look at us before stretching out on her side. Caiden pointed at Gary and begin to blabber in his language. "Are you trying to tell Gary to get her own bed?" I kissed his forehead. "Come on, you and grandma have a long day in New York." I took off his clothes and diaper before heading to the bathroom to give him a wash up. I put shampoo on his head and all over his little body before rinsing it off.

"I drained the water from the sink and carried my little boy in my arms back to his room. "You know Caid, you're the only son I have, so I don't want you to pee all over me." I said quickly grabbing a diaper and putting on him just to be safe.

I finish getting him ready, he's wearing a red and white plaid shirt, white long sleeve, jeans with his white and red 23 Jordan shoes. I heard a knock at the door. I turn around to see Braelyn with her hair in a messy bun. "Morning messy bun." I smirk.