My Knight In Shining... Jeans?

Riele's POV
Fear. That's all I felt as I left his house. I know exactly what's coming my way. My "parents" are probably gonna be drunk when I get home which means another beating for me..

I quickly remember that all my bruises and cuts are showing so I crossed my arms trying to cover  as much skin as I can. I tremble from fear as I get home.

I go in to see my parents passed out on the couch. Thank the Lord. I tip toe to the stairs but me, being me, tripped. Oh no.😦

That bounce up from the sofa both groggy and enraged. Yup... I'm gonna get it bad...

"You... you woke us up..." my mum said coming towards me.

"Do you want to know what happens when you wake us up?" My dad said coming my way.

Before I could say anything a hand sharply swiped across my face. I stumbled down from the impact. A  tiny tear trickled down my face. They laughed heartlessly as they watched me lie on the floor helplessly.

Someone save me... Please

They're heartless monsters. I hate them. I hate what they've done to me. I hate what they've made me think about myself. I hate how they've always put Reiya first. They did this. They destroyed me. Well a lot of me  Now they're breaking me a bit more.

"Look at the little baby." He teased laughing. I wish I could fight back....

He kicks me in the stomach as I let out a yelp of pain. He's hitting me on my bruises... I clutch my stomach as I try to catch my breath.

"Oh don't over react. It's a kick" he rolls his eyes.

"Do you want something worse? Cause I can make it worse" he smirked.

I froze from fear as he picked up a broken piece of glass. My mum joined him and picked up some glass as well. They slowly approached me.

"Stupid"

CUT!

"Idiot"

CUT!

"Nobody loves you"

CUT!

"Charity case"

CUT!

"We all wish you were dead"

I muster up all my courage and get up. I try to make a run for it but he stands in front of the stairs. I try to run to the door but she stands in front of it. I'm trapped.

She raises her hand to slap me but I do the first thing I can think of I run. I run around the room as I dodge my parents.

"GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH!" They scream chasing me. I keep running. It's getting harder by the second but I can't be beat again. I once again try to get to the stairs but they beat me to it.
All of a sudden I felt weak. I felt like I could not go on. I tried but I ended up collapsing. Somehow they back me up into a corner. I curled into a ball and put my arms in front of my face to protect myself. Then he did something I would never see coming. He pulled out a gun. I screamed in terror.

"I'm sick of you Riele" he whisperer smirking. His finger was simply resting on the trigger. I could tell he was eager to finish me. Gun shot... Never thought this is how I'd die

'I love you Jace. Please be okay. Please.' I thought to myself.

He was about to shoot me when the door suddenly burst open.

"FREEZE!"

My mom dropped her bottle of liquor when she saw it was the police. "Oh shit"

"Jonathan and Elise Downs you are under arrest for the abuse of Riele Downs you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court." A cop came and put the cuffs on them.

Thank god they came... Wait... Who called them???

"Thank you for coming officer but... Who called you???" I asked curious even though I probably know the answer.

"That boy over there" the officer responded pointing to a shocked Jace standing at the door.

Thought so.

"Oh my god Ri!!! Are you okay?!?!" He yelled rushing towards me.

He pulled me into a massive hug. I'm really glad he's here. I need a hug right now. I could tell he also needed this hug as well. Suddenly my shoulder became wet. I pulled away from the hug to see Jace crying.

"What's wrong Jace?" I asked slightly confused.

"They... They were gonna... Shoot you..." he struggled to say.

"But they didn't. I'm alive. I'm here" I said trying to calm him down a bit.

"I'm sorry Riele. I know you didn't want me to-"

"Hey don't you dare apologise. If weren't for you I would probably be dead right now. You saved me. Thank you"

I kissed him passionately. He instantly kissed back. It was like everything disappeared and it was just me and him. All the problems... They just... They left. Well temporarily that is.

"You're my knight in shining... um... Jeans" I giggled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another one done!
Her parents are gone!
What did you think???
What should happen next???
Where should Riele go???
Question: which of my books is your favorite?
My answer: Probably this one! I get to express myself the most with this book!😊
Shohini😇💖