Chapter 24: I'm being honest.

Fionna's POV

I looked at his pink sparkling eyes staring at me. I couldn't avoid my feelings. I have never had a boyfriend before so I'm new at this messed up feelings. So I'm not sure if I truly love him or if I just have a crush on him. My head is so confused right now, I don't know what to do. I'm just here alone with Gumball and I don't know what to say. This is getting to awkward, perhaps I should make up an excuse to leave or to do something.
"What's wrong Fionna? You seem worried. "- his voice freed me from my thoughts. I looked at his worried face.
"Well, it's nothing. I was just thinking that it would be fun if we went for a walk."- I smiled.
"Yeah, good idea. Let's go to that beautiful park near The Candy Kingdom."- he smiled widely.
I nodded and then we exited the castle. The sun beamed upon my face, my gaze was locked onto the cloudless sky, a shining blue that could allow me feed off of its beauty and live forever. It was beautiful looking at the sun streaming through the leaves of trees while we strolled along paths lined with flowers in cheerful colors. I sighed, how I love Spring.
Gumball crouched down and took a beautiful white rose.
"A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl."- he said while he gave it to me. I blushed, a lot. Nobody had never done that to me.
"Thank you Gumball."- I tried to say it normally without him notice that I was dying inside with cuteness.
"Oh, you don't have to thank me."- he blushed.
"Yes, I have. You're being too kind with me and I'm not. Well, it's not that I'm being mean, it's just that...hmm..- I started to stammer a bit.- nobody gave me a rose before. I'm impressed, so thank you very much."- I smiled and kissed him on his cheek.
He blushed even more.
"That's because they don't see the amazing girl you are. If everyone could look at each other and see the inside and outside person...uh well I guess I couldn't hang out with you 'cause you would have all the boys desperately in love with you."- he laughed in a cute way.
"Oh, you liar!- I punched him softly in his arm, and he pretended that hurt.- I know that didn't hurt dummy."- I laughed at his expression.
"Is your lucky day then!- we both laughed, and then he went serious and honest again- But what I told you, it's true Fionna, believe me. You have a beautiful heart and all the girls would like to be like you."
"Why are you being so nice?"- I had to ask him.
"I'm not just being nice. I'm being honest."
"So, thank you then. I'm happy to have a friend like you Gumball"- I smiled and he smiled me back.
We talked for so long that we didn't realize how much we had walked. I looked around and we were in the forest.
"Wow, we were really distracted."- I said still shocked looking around.
"Yeah, we sure did. Let's go back?"- he asked.
Suddenly, we heard something coming from the bushes. It was getting darker and I didn't have my sword with me, so I was pretty scared and Gumball too.
"What is that?"- he whispered frightened.
"I don't know."
The noise was coming closer and closer. All I could hear was something or someone coming towards us, the sound of footsteps and bushes. And there I was alone with Gumball, harmless and week. I miss my sword. This is the reason why I bring it with me every time I leave home. But Cake thinks that is unnecessary.. I shouldn't have listen to her. Dammit!
I could see the bushes wagging, that means it was coming right now. I was ready and Gumball wasn't, but I was sure I could kick his ass all by myself. When he appeared, looked at us confused.
It wasn't a monster or a thief, it was the vampire king.
He looked powerful with his clothes.

Marshall Lee's POV

The night came and I can finally take my regular walk to the forest. It's my favorite part of the day because I can think in peace, I can relax and I don't have to bring a stupid umbrella with me! I exited my house and went for a walk. I started walking to the same path as I usually go, but this time was different from the others. I heard people talking with my acute hearing. It's not normal at this time finding people in the forest. I had to go and see with my own eyes. When I was getting closer, they stopped talking. I felt their fear and I couldn't stop but smirking. I took another step and came out of the bushes which were covering me.
I looked at them, confused. Not the people I was expecting to see. It was Gumball and the human girl, whose her name is... Fionna! I think that's it!
"Marshall Lee? What are you doing here?"- Gumball asked. He also sighed with relief because I'm not the monster he was expecting of.
"I could ask you the same thing, but my question would make much more sense than yours."- I said and then I looked at the girl. She was looking at me this entire time and I didn't realize. She looked confused.- "Oh, how rude I am. Excuse me, I'm Marshall Lee the vampire king and you?"- I asked her smirking.
"I'm Fionna, the human. Have we met before? You will probably think I'm weird but I have the feeling that I know you.."- she said confused.
"What? That's crazy Fionna! Of course you haven't met him. If you had, you knew his name!"- Gumball said in disbelieve.
"It's not crazy. And I don't think you're weird. I feel it too, but I don't know why. I thought it was just me."- I said looking at her blue eyes.
We keep staring at each other but Gumball interrupted us.
"Well, it's getting late and we should go Fionna. Cake is probably worried."
"Yeah, you are right Gumball. Let's go then. Bye Marshall, nice to meet you."- she smiled.
"Nice to meet you too Fionna."- I said looking at her cute face.
I turned around and walked towards my house thinking of all of these. She has the same feelings as I have. Now I'm sure I've met her before but how?
This question stayed in my head for was I thought a long time.

new updatee
And this chapter was quite big :)
Did you like it?
Please let me know in the comments!!
Thanks a lot for reading my story ^-^