Chapter 15: You're like my guardian angel.

Marshall Lee's POV

I tried to sleep but I couldn't stop having nightmares about Fionna. It's like my mother is making them just to make me feel bad, but I don't care about my mother opinions anymore! I decided to go to Fionna's house, you know, to spend more time with her. I floated to her house and then I reached there instantly.

I knocked the door and soon Fionna opened it.

"Hi Fionna! I just wanted to know if you would like to hang out with me? Just for a walk, you know.."- I smiled not to appear nervous.

"Hey Marshall. Of course I will! I'm just going to tell Cake that we're going for a walk, ok?"- she said happily.

I nodded and then we went for a walk, just the two of us.. It was kind of romantic and that's why I was a bit nervous.

"Fionna, thanks again for your advice and for listening to my problem."- I said honestly to break the awkward moment who was between us.

"Marshall, you don't have to thank me. I did it because I care about you, you're a really great friend of mine and I'm always here for you."- she gave me her cute smile.

"You're a really good person Fionna. I'm glad that we're friends."

"Yeah, me too Marshall."

We started talking about the adventures that Fionna had and more stuff like that. But all I could think about was her sweet voice saying "I care about you..". I wish I could be happy with her, but I guess she thinks that I'm just her "great friend". We layed down on the fresh grass, it was almost night and the air was getting colder and colder. I looked at Fionna and she was shivering. I immediately took my shirt and gave it to her.

"Take it, it's getting cooler and I don't want you to get sick because of me."- I said worried.

"Thank you Marshall"- she wore my shirt and god, it really fit her perfectly.

"Wow, look at you! You look great with my shirt!"- I said enthusiastic.

"Oh, thanks. It's really beautiful but I think you look cooler than me."- she said nicely.

We were looking at the stars and suddenly Fionna approached me and laid her head on my chest. I felt like my dead heart was beating again and I wish I could stay with her like this for hours. I was feeling the warmth of her body and her breath. I put my arm around her softly.

"The sky is so beautiful, don't you think?"- she said looking at the sky fascinated.

"Yeah, I agree. I love looking at it while I'm thinking about my life.. Kinda relaxes me."

"Me too. Marshall.. You did the right thing.. Not being evil just because someone told you too."

"You opened my eyes Fionna. If it wasn't you, I don't know what I'd do. That's why you're special to me.."

"I'm special to you?"- she seemed shocked but in a good way.

I turned to Fionna to look her in the eyes.

"Yes. You're like my guardian angel or my best friend, you know?"- I felt my cheeks blushing.

"You're so cute Marshall."- she said while she gave me a kiss on my cheek.

Suddenly I felt like something was burning. I turned my head and I saw a little smoke coming out from the woods.

"Fionna, look!"- I yelled. She looked immediately and took her sword.

"What is this? Is that smoke? Oh my god, something is on fire! Someone could be in danger! We must go!"- she yelled frightened.

"Ok, lets go!"- I lifted Fionna up into my arms bridal style. She blushed and I smiled at her, then I floated up. We quickly flew through the sky and when we finally reached I placed her down gently. I was right, something was burning or someone. I didn't know who that guy was but he was certainly on fire.

Fionna's POV

Then we finally reached and Marshall placed me down gently. In from of us was a boy on fire, he was touching in some plants and when his fingers touched them, they immediately burned. I didn't know who he was but I couldn't let him burn all of those plants. His skin was a bit orange and his hair was on fire, he also had a beautiful red pearl in his forehead. He was quite handsome though.

I looked at Marshall and he was looking at me confused, he approached me and grabbed me around my waist, like I was his little girl and he was my older brother who just wanted to protect me. I looked into Marshall's eyes and then I turned my head to the fire guy.

"Who are you?"- I said curious while looking at him.

This one was  big, don't you think?

You probably know who that "fire guy" is,

but Fionna and Marshall don't know him yet.

Please comment, I love reading what you guys think about my story! 

5 votes for an update? I will do it ;)

Kisses :)