Chapter 36 //EDITED//

Byakuya had a look that clearly said give-me-your-best and the others looked confident as well. It wasn't them I was worried about. It was my genins.

They were shaking.

Okay, that was under-exaggerating, because they were almost pissing their pants.

"W-why?!" Sakura managed to squeak out.

"Its not f-fair!" Ino, the genin from another team added, "There are people like kabuto-san who have been here seven times!"

"I guess that you all are unlucky this year then," Ibiki said, flashing them a killer smile, "Because you have me as your proctor."

Many people couldn't handle it so they took off, dragging their teams with them.

"Number 77, Number 54, and Number 89, eliminated."

"Number 35, Number 76, and Number 72, eliminated."

This went on and on, and I was glad for a second that none of the rookie nine decided to drop out.

That was until, naruto raised his shaking hand very slowly as if he was considering it, but wasn't sure what the team would think.

'Put your goddamn hand down, naruto or else.....' I thought, and tried to and up to stop him but that's when I realized I couldn't move.

I looked down at my feet and saw that there was a shadow holding me in place.

'What the?!'

That's when I did the weirdest thing possible. From where I was, I sniffed the shadow.

'Feels kinda like the pineapple head.'

I looked at where that kid stood and looked at him as he nodded amd gestured at naruto.

Naruto did the thing the surprised everyone. He slammed his hands on the table.

"I'm not going to run away no matter how challenging this is. I'm not a coward. I never go back on my word. That is my nindō."

I'm pretty sure that the others who wanted to drop out were so moved by that little speech that they sat down in their seat and nobody moved at all.

"Is that all?" Ibiki asked, "For all of you who haven't walked out of the door, you all pass."

"Eh?!"

"W-we pass?!"

"What about the tenth question?!"

"There was no tenth question," ibiki said, "The yes or no choice was the tenth question."

After a minute of confusion, a woman wearing a mesh shirt and munching on a dango broke through the window.

"I'm your proctor for the next round. Follow me."

[Yes, I skipped most of the dialogue]

۰•● ❤ ●•۰ ۰•● ❤ ●•۰ ۰•● ❤ ●•۰ ۰•● ❤ ●•۰ ۰•● ❤ ●•۰ ۰•● ❤ ●•۰

~ third person POV~

All of them stood outside the "Forest Of Death" as the proctor, Anko, explained the rules to them. Yuki had to admit that the forest of death lived up to it's name. So did the others. It was a dark overgrown forest that lacked any sunlight and seemed intimidating to most of them.