The Final Chapter

With a short amount of time, Oliver finally who Demetria was, a former friend from the past. It was Demetria who helped him achieve who he is today. From a void space filled with darkness and blackness, Oliver woke up after being confronted by Demetria. His parents, friends were shocked as he woke up and they rushed to him and asked him what has happened.

"Mom: "Oliver, are you all right, son?"

"Yes, mom. I thought I'll be asleep forever.

Danielle: "What happened?"

"I finally know who Demetria is.. She's a former friend of mine who passed away when I was a kid. Why did you make me forget her, mom? Dad?"

Dad: "It was the only for you to be okay. A child suffering from trauma after his friend died after a tragic car accident by an irresponsible drunk driver, we want you to be okay, Oliver."

Mom: "We want you to not suffer your childhood life in a mental hospital, we made an action as fast as we could."

Daisy: "Hey, Oliver, at least you finally know who she is, right?"

Max: "Yeah. She's not a bad ghost. She's just there for you to remember her. To remind you that you're not alone."

Walter: "We're here for you, Oliver. You may feel alone before, Max and I were in the crowd and you're not. But look at you now; a rising basketball star, a great actor in the making."

Mom: "Here are your friends, Oliver. Your small world became big again."

Oliver had a lot of things to think about as he recover from the accident. Finding out who the mysterious ghost's identity and recognition day is just right around the corner. Oliver was sent home after 3 days, a day before recognition day.

Mom: "Are you all right son?"

"Yes, mom. I just can't believe how I've changed. Demetria helped me become who I am today."

M: "Before she died, she slept at our house. I gave her a hot choco before bed, she slept in the living room beside me. I treated her like a daughter. I always thought you'd end up with her in the future. The level of friendship that you have with Demetria is off the charts. She also treated me like her mother. And then, the accident happened. I felt like I lost a daughter. It's sad to see her go and to see you go, Oliver. I also felt that I lost you. Locking up in your room, staring at the walls, acting like a lifeless person. I had to bring you back, Oliver."

"I guess everything happened for a reason, mom. It's sad to see her go but maybe it's time for her to go back to Him. She gave me the will to turn my life around and start anew. She may not be here as a person but she is here as an entity. Demetria was there to change me and to have the right girl to come to my life."

M: "She gave you Daisy, Oliver."

"She did mom. I loved her up to today. I don't know if she realizes it by now, but I still love her. My mind says that maybe just being friends is the right place for us. My heart says I should get her before she'll be taken by someone. I don't know what to do, mom."

M: "It's always up to you, Oliver. I can see Demetria in Daisy and I personally think she's the right girl for you, son. Are you motivated to school just to see her? Do you smile for no reason when you look at her?"

"I do, mom. I do. Maybe I'll ask her one more time if we can level up of just being friends to something else."

M: "A good headstart, Oliver."

The 12th grade students are about to sent off to college. Their final day in high school has come. Oliver and his parents attended the ceremony. Oliver still has some bruises from the accident. Max and Walter surprised him from the back and greeted him. Daisy's parents could not come. Dr. Leslie insisted on coming with her.

"Daisy!"

"Oliver! You look perfect."

"So do you, in that dress."

"This is gonna be our second to the last year before college."

"Yeah. We still got time to right some wrongs, become better next year."

The ceremony begins with the awarding of the top honors per batch. After awarding the top honors, the floor was open for the special awardees of the year. Without a clue, Oliver didn't know that he'd get an award. He never gotten an award in the past recognition days before, ever. Oliver received a special Student of the Year award for raising the stakes, excelling for the better and becoming a better person.

"I honestly didn't know that I received this award. I didn't even prepare a speech. This past year have been really hard for me. The beginning of the year, it was tough. It's the same old me going through high school as an anti-social person. I have Max and Walter who are two of my best buds, they were there for me. But I'm not the one who is loved by many of you. It's hard for me to make new friends and to talk to some of you guys. I always had to stick with either Max or Walter to survive. But then I met this one person whom I already known before. I never in my life could've imagined I'd be close with this person. I didn't ask for it, but it happened. This person is also my inspiration. This person gave me the strength to change and become better. There's also this person whom I'd like to thank. I'd never imagined I'd see this person again. A simple conversation with someone could happen in a day. It can change you or not. You'll never know when that conversation will happen but it has to be that someday. We don't dictate on what'll happen in our lives but we help shape it. It's up to Him. I guess I'm taking too long with this boring speech, but I'm not yet leaving high school, I'll have to wait another year. Thank you for this award and good afternoon to you all."

After the ceremony....

"Mom, dad, I'll just talk to Daisy for a bit."

D: "You gotta make it quick, your cousins are stopping by."

"Yeah, this'll be quick."

..................

"Oliver! Hey! That's one hell of a speech! Congratulations on that award. I didn't know I can keep that secret for as long as I can."

"Yeah. Wait, you knew about this?"

"For awhile now. I'm the photographer for the school paper, right? I took it as an opportunity to show them how you improved. I also wrote a letter, you know."

"You really did that?"

"Yeah, Oliver. What are friends are for, right?"

"I got to make this quick, I have something to tell you."

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"I'm really glad that we are friends, I really am. You inspire me to do something greater. You gave me hope, the reason to wake up each day. I love the way you smile, the way you talk, everything about you. I'm really thankful that I'm friends with someone like you. But it was really awkward when I told you I liked you before. I didn't tell you that up to this day, I still love you. I never stopped loving you, Daisy. You're like a ray of sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey. I know this all sounds cheesy but it's what my heart is saying."

"I never met someone like you, Oliver. I guess things happen for a reason, or brakes break for a reason, rather. I know it, Oliver. I don't have the guts to ask you if you still loved me. You're the most loyal, charming and funniest guy I know. It was indeed awkward when you confessed. I was so stupid to not realize how perfect you are for me. I can't explain it, Oliver. I tried taking away these feelings but I couldn't. You're that special to me, Oliver."

"Wow. I did not know that, Daisy."

"Hush, don't speak. We may be friends right now, but I'm not closing the possibilites of an "US".

"Really?"

"I love you, Oliver."

"I love you too, Daisy. There ain't no other one that I'd rather have. It's you, Daisy... It's always you."

Oliver and Daisy ended the school year with a hug to remember. A conversation that'll be remembered by them for a long time. Daisy was the girl who completed Oliver's life. She was the girl who gave life to Oliver. She was the girl who made Oliver's life even special. She was the girl who stood by him. She was the girl who loved.