Chapter Thirteen

After the consultation with a psychiatrist, Oliver trys to make himself a little bit busy even more to stop thinking about Demetria. Oliver wasn't sporty and sucks at basketball, soccer and all that kind of stuff most girls find attractive in a guy. Oliver tried some basketball clinics on weekends and hoping to get better. He also got in shape as he goes to the gym twice or thrice in a week. Oliver also tried acting and landed a role as the main character in their movie in film class. Oliver felt like a different person after having a talk with Dr. Leslie. He got better in sports, he's starting to be fit and he's starting to become charming as he acts out in skits in class. Daisy and Oliver's friendship is still steady and is not yet sinking. Oliver is probably the best guy friend Daisy ever had, so far....

Oliver went back to Dr. Leslie after three months.

"So how are you feeling, Oliver? Are you still thinking about that mysterious ghost of yours?"

"Feeling good, doc. I've been really active in sports, socializing even more. Probably one of the best times of my life. I haven't thought of her lately, Demetria."

"Glad to hear that, Oliver. So it's almost summer and do you have any plans during the long break?"

"I really don't know, actually. Maybe I'd go out with some friends, movie marathon, play some basketball."

"That's a good start. So what about, Daisy?"

"What do you mean, doc?"

"Since you've been really close to each other these past few months, are you two dating?"

"No, doc! We're just friends and nothing more than that. She just finds me funny and I think that us being JUST FRIENDS is great. I did like her once but it was before. Besides, she likes another guy."

"Well, you just take care of her when she needs you. She's always close to guys ever since she was a kid."

"I'll sure do, doc."

The final weeks of the school year is approaching and Oliver probably had one of the best school years. There's also a school play in which Oliver is cast in a supporting role. Two weeks into rehearsals, stage production and preparation. This is the first major play that Oliver has become a part of and he shouldn't screw this up. Oliver goes to Daisy's house to practice more often after school.

"You can do this, Oliver. You got this."

"I know. I may not be the lead actor but I'm still part of the main cast."

"I'll watch you slay the part."

"Thanks, Daisy.... For everything. I've known you all these years but I never had the chance to talk to you before. I didn't expect we'd be this close. This friendship that I never imagined but somehow it happened. I always wanted to have a female friend who can contrast with my male emotions. I never had a girlfriend, but you're my first girl friend. I thank you for that."

"I've never seen you this emotional, Oliver. I actually didn't like you before. I felt stupid remembering those times when I see you when we were young. I, too didn't expect we'd be like this. There's this brother that I've always wanted and it's you, Oliver. You're funny, charming, caring. I was the girl who is one of the boys most of my life. But until you came into my life, you're the only one right now. I don't want to brag but most of my school years have been really, really awesome. But this year is probably the best. You gave me a sense of fresh air, Oliver. I tried listening to your taste in music, watching the movies you love, reading your favorite books, playing basketball with you. It was one hell of an experience."

"I've never seen you this emotional too, Daisy. You're the apple to my pie, straw to my berry, smoke to my high..."

"Can we stop with these cheesy quotes, Oliver. Wanna grab some drinks before we flood my room with tears?"

"Yeah, why the hell not."