Chapter Fourteen

It's theater fest at Oliver's school and everyone's excited. Oliver's theater class teacher wrote the screenplay and also directed this play. At 6:00 in the evening, class is over, and the play starts at 8:00. It was sold out and Oliver's fellow classmates and schoolmates attended. Daisy is watching over at the front seat. Tensions were high as the curtains begin to move and the play is about to start. Tweeting here and there, crowd is excited to see their school year end with a pleasing and play. Max and Walter are beside Daisy in the front row seats.

Note: A little overview on the play. The male lead is Brad Shaw, played by 12th grade student Curtis Hawkins, an up-and-coming television star who is the boyfriend of the female lead who is Teresa Waterson, played by 11th grade student Emily Johnson, a musician. Oliver is the best friend of Brad who is Charlie O'Russell, also a musician and a bar singer. A play about friendship, love, dreams and memories set in 1990s America.

There is a scene where Oliver's character Charlie confessed for his love for Teresa who happens to be Curtis's character Brad's girlfriend for three years. It was a long speech from Charlie and Oliver imagined when he was in Daisy's house practicing his lines. She was Oliver's inspiration. The scene ended with Brad punching Charlie in the face as anger is in the air.

The play ended with Brad turning his life upside down. Darkness inside his heart corrupted his body and soul. He was booted off from his television show and was fired. He sadly has no career after that. Charlie and Teresa are together and lived their lives as a duo making music and inspiring people. It was an amazing play and everyone had an amazing night. The script was solid and everyone loved it. Oliver's performance was the highlight of the play. Longtime theater actors Curtis and Teresa applauded his first performance. Oliver had a big smile on his face as he thought he would screw this up. But there is Daisy in the front row seat, cheering for his best friend and partner in crime.

It was 10 in the evening, the play is over, the day is over and the audience headed home. Oliver's family were damn proud or him. Oliver requested if he could spend the night with Daisy and go to the nearest fast food chain for dinner. His family didn't mind as he was great in his performance. Daisy and Oliver headed to the nearest McDonald's.

"I knew you'll pull it off. I'm proud, Oliver."

"Thanks, Daisy. You were there watching me. Thanks for all the support."

"This day couldn't get any better. It's the weekend!"

"Yeah! The remaining days in school are just preparation for recognition day."

"There's this sorta class fieldtrio happening after our last day. You coming? I'm not going if you're not going."

"Yeah, why not. I'll go."

Surprisingly, Max and Walter are also there eating. They moved near Oliver and sat with them.

O: "Max! Walter! I didn't know you were here!"

M: "Yeah! Sorry to interrupt your date, bro."

O: "We're just friends hanging out."

W: "And you didn't invite us. Wow."

O: "Yeah. Sorry about that. Hey, you didn't bring your baes?"

W: "Sadly, no. They weren't allowed to so Max and I just hang out here."

D: "Well I guess it's a burger and fries kinda night, right?"

O: "Totally. Hey, you guys coming to the class summer outing?"

M: "Yeah, why not. Our high school days are about to be over. 12th grade is upon us."

W: "Make our high school memories count, man."

It was a night between Daisy and Oliver that became a Three Musketeers and Daisy night. Luckily, the McDonald's branch is 24 hours open. Oliver had a tiring night after the play but had fun just talking and talking with the most wonderful people in his life, his friends.

Oliver drove Daisy at his house and surprisingly got a good night kiss.

"What was that for, Daisy?"

"So you didn't like it?"

"No. I mean yes. I was in awe."

"Good night, Oliver."

It's sad for Oliver to not have feelings for Daisy. He did have feelings for her but the song Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat played on the radio. Perfect timing.

The Girl Who LovedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara