Bernie..

Chapter 25
Clarke's POV
One last trip to Lexas was done, we grabbed her couches and drove them to my place and hit them settled. We took my old couches and put them on the edge of the drive way for 60$ each. We sat down in exhaustion with my mom in the couch and figured out if mom was gonna stay for a while too, after a good discussion mom was gonna stay till next Sunday with me and Clarke to watch the animals for us.
Sunday was a chill day, my mom and I relaxed while Lexa went out to get flowers for the yard, it didn't have enough color for her.
My mom and I watched Supernatural until Lexa came home, I remember my mom always bugging me to get with a guy like Sam, but I was never really interested in boys.
About half a season in Lexa came through the back door with overalls on and a old Angels hat, she had two pairs of rubber gloves and shouted
LETS DO THIS!
I giggled and got up and took a set of gloves, we pranced to the back yard and started to dig up some of the dirt by the side of the fence for a rose bush to grow, Lexa ran back to the front and called me to her, I saw a box of flowers.
Daffodils and tulips and all sorts of colors screamed into my eyes. Lexa handed me a box of daffodils and told me to plant them along the deck side, we already had a lilac in the front yard but I saw one, I assumed it was for the back yard.
My mom came out hollering she wanted to help,she grabbed some Asters and began to line the deck with me so it would be multi colored.
Lexa smiled and grabbed the lilac bush, I went along with her to the back and watched Bernie sprint into the street out the fence... I dove after him to grab his collar, luckily he stopped to sniff the dirt by Abby. Lexa went to get him when he saw a cat across the street.
Lexas POV
Everything went in slow motion, I lunged after Bernie's collar to catch him but I barely missed his neck. The cat saw him coming so it darted into a tree I got back up to think fast I took off into a sprint before after Bernie into the road. It was to late... A lifted f150 hit him.
The only thing I could do is scream his name as loud as my voice could go, Clarke went running into the street and picked him up, he was still breathing whimpering to me begging for aid. We put him into the truck and sped to the Vet.
_____________________________
After a short drive and terrible wait to see if he would make it the doctor showed us X-rays of a shattered hip and lower spine...
He cannot recover I'm sorry
My heart broke.. I bursted into tears and shoved my face into his soft fluffy neck, I looked into his eyes it's like he said it's okay it was my time.. My heart shattered I screamed in agony there was the dog that I went through middle school and tough high school and started college with... He was gone.
My baby. My son. The first love.
The vet shushed me from my scream crying... My first reaction was to yell back
NO! HE WAS MY BABY!
Clarke grabbed my hand and pet down Bernie's neck.
He has to be put down Miss.Woods I'm so sorry.
I looked away as the Vet grabbed his tools and put the needle into his neck. Just before I grabbed Bernie's face and told him I loved him so much and kissed his nose, he licked my face. The needle went in and seconds later Bernie's but a memory in my mind. I heard Clarke crying and Abby too, we all hugged Bernie and cried into him. The Vet even shed a tear.
We took Bernie out the back and into the car.
Minutes into the ride Clarke asked from the driver seat
Let's burry him under the lilac.
-I like that idea I sniffles wiping tears from my eyes
We got home and silently dug a hole under the full grown lilac in the front, I placed Bernie into a blanket and folded it around his body.
I delicately placed him into the hole and blew him a kiss. We began to cover him with the soft cold soil. My weak sad eyes made contact with Clarke's, she began to cry as did I. Abby seemed helpless and sad and didn't know what to do. She shed some tears wiped them and ran inside for tissues. Clarke walked over to me and held me like she never did before it was caring and safe and it said I love you, we cried together and went inside. We sat silently on the couch, I stared into the picture of Bernie and I on the high school campus, the last day of senior year I took him out after the last bell to the football field and played catch with him, his big yellow eyes spoke a million words. Oh how I'll miss him I couldn't stop thinking of the past events with him. I looked at Clarke who was half asleep laying on her back spread all over the couch, I couldn't help it. I began to cry more; I moved and laid on top of her and began crying into her neck. I woke her up and she calmly shushed me. I wouldn't stop crying and I heard her say
I'm sorry I couldn't stop him Lexa
-it wasn't you Clarke
Yes it was...
-No it wasn't! I raised my voice
Sorry Lexa.. I'm so sorry it hurt us so bad
-it does hurt I whimpered and began crying even more
Baby it's okay he's in a peaceful place, he was old.
-I don't care I want him back!
Stop yelling Lexa
-no you know it's my fault he's dead I couldn't stop him
Baby please it'll be okay he's still with us in our hearts and photos.
I cried for about another hour and Clarke just rubbed my back and cried a little with me
I fell asleep while sniffly and sad but at least I was with Clarke.

GUYS IM SORRY I NEEDED SOME CONFLICT IN THE STORY OKAY.
I cried so damn hard why did I do this fuck I'm still crying. My baby girl died on January 18th and I still cry.. It isn't the same without her, I get up every morning at 5:30 for school and continue to search for her fifth dog bowl, I get confused on where the other dog is to walk.. I miss her blonde fur running through my little hands and her big brown eyes gazing into mine, I remember I would cry so much and she would come to my door and she would scratch till I let her in and her just looking at me letting me know it's okay, not to hurt to calm down. And when I would come home from softball to see her tail beating the other dogs in excitement and it isn't there it doesn't feel like home any more.

She's the white one ❤️