Chapter Thirteen .

**************

Yolanda

**************

( Monday 3:15 p.m. )

"1,2,3,4! Remember ladies don't rush this we want this to look as smooth as possible!" Ms.Parker shouted to us as we practiced our sets. "Watch those feet Ms.Sanchez, your supposed to be pointing not curving!" I took in what she said not really realizing they weren't already pointed. I stopped and finally took a sigh of relief once she finally turned the music off. "Guys we have a show next month this has to be perfect, I want you guys to practice whenever and however you can and not just when you come to the dance studio, do i make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am" The class hoarsely answered back, some of them grunting and others looking like they were on the verge of passing out . Ms. Parker has been on our ass about this upcoming performance we've got coming up at The Garrett's. It's suppose to be this huge dancing competition going on there and she wants us to be spot on perfect .

I sluggishly walked over to my dance bag grabbing my water bottle out in the process as I threw my tote over my shoulder . " Hey ... Yolanda, is it? " One of my classmates asked squinting her eyes as she tried to pronounce my name . I chuckled and nodded my head and walked over to her .

I've always noticed her in class and from what I've seen she's an amazing dancer, plus watching her big orange and curly hair while she dances makes it so entertaining to see . " What's up? " I asked her . " Sooooo, you ready for our upcoming performance this weekend? " I nodded as I readjusted my tote on my shoulder, " Yeah, and I heard The Garrett's was a pretty big deal for dancers to go to, so I'm pretty stoked about that. "

" I know. " " My mom used to perform there all the time when she was younger, she would tell me all the time about how great of an experience is it to be able to perform there. " She added . " Your mom's a dancer? " I asked .

" Umm yeah she was ... you know, before she was diagnosed with cancer." She mumbled as her eyes seemed to drift off towards the floor. " I'm sorry to hear that. " I said touching her shoulder, knowing what it felt like to lose someone special. Even though I didn't lose my mother to cancer or anything like that. Having a strung out drug addict for a mom is pretty similar. She's dead to me on the inside. The girl slightly smiled as her face began to brighten back up to her everyday cheery persona. " It's fine. I'm just glad that I can live her dream out for her. "

" Well I know she's surely proud of you. You're an amazing dancer and I heard you've received a scholarship to be apart of the Georgia State Pantherettes. " She nodded and mid-way threw her hands up cheering herself on and sticking her tongue out. " Yes ma'am, I'm so excited. " She said mini clapping. I chucked at her," Congratulations, girl I'm trying to get like you. " She nodded and looked down at her phone noticing what time it was. " Oh girl i gotta go, Ill text you later OK? " She gently touched my arm as she practically power walked out of the dance studio. "That girl is a character. " I mumbled to myself and started heading for the door.

-

( 3 : 50 p.m. )

As soon as I made it back to the house I quickly hopped in the steamy hot bubble bath I had ran for myself. I was so relaxed and calm, not soon after I slowly started drifting off to sleep.

**********

Flashback

**********