Chapter Twenty Seven.

UPDATE! The story will be edited after it has been finished but nothing too big or different from how it is. Just going to have the chapters sorted and get rid of the mistakes. That's all I have to say for now... Oh, Hey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waved to Benny as he drove round the corner and out of sight before smiling and skipping into the house, jumping onto the sofa beside Tobi as he watched football. "How was school?" I asked, trying to make conversation as I realised how long it has been since we properly spoke to one another.

"I'm going out tonight..." A nod was his only reply as I sighed and made my way to my room quietly. It was only four-ish which meant that I had more than enough time to get ready and I could always just pull on something at the last minute. If I wanted to finish it all in time then I might as well get started on the pieces of homework that I had been given from today; English, Geography and Biology.

I needed burn around the hours with something to do if I didn't want to be a wreck while I waited for the time to come where I made my way to a waiting Drake. Randomly picking up the first thing at the top, I spent the next couple of hours finishing, editing and writing the homework before starting on my revision work now that it had been confirmed for this week. I still had half an hour left by the time I had done everything. The clock was ticking and if I wanted to make myself at least presentable enough then I should start now. "Nothing big just hanging out with Drake, a simple first date" I kept telling myself as I rummaged through my closet.

Everything I pulled out seemed to be either over the top or not enough before I gave up and settled on a pair of dark jeans and a ballet flats with minimal makeup which included mascara and a line of eyeliner. I licked my lips to add shine and pulled on my denim jacket. The quiet beeping on my mobile reminded me of the time as I grabbed my over the shoulder purse and ran out the door, a quick bye over my shoulder.

Happy that I was smart enough to bring a jacket I wrapped my arms around myself as the cold air stung my cheeks and whipped at my hair, ruining the small curls that I had made with my finger. The park wasn't far and I saw Drake the moment I opened the small gate, dark jeans, navy sweater and converse. "You look beautiful..." He trailed off as I blushed, the warmth against the wind. Without another word he took my hand and led me to the forest where I met Jason. I ignored that detail and held on to his hand tighter, letting out a gasp when I saw the scene before us.

On a flat surfaced part of the forest, Drake had laid down a blanket with a small candle lantern in the middle beside a picnic basket. I noted the scattered rose petals around the blanket as I pulled Drake toward me and crashed our lips together. He immediately reacted by kissing me back before ending it with a smile and sitting me down on the picnic blanket. It was so romantic that I couldn't help but stare at him in wonder, he had done all this for me.

The moment was so perfect that I didn't want to ruin it, I stayed quiet and watched as he took out a rose from behind his back. "I would have given you an entire bouquet but I thought that it would look more romantic if we had the petals around us. But I did save this special one for you. It will always remind you of this night" he told me with a soft, happy and natural smile. I raised an eyebrow, the rose couldn't possibly remind me of tonight if he rotted and died later. It all became clear though when I took the rose off him and realised its texture was plastic. A small laugh escaped me as I thought how cheesy, yet sweet the gesture was.

"I have some questions..." I told him, he nodded and I took a deep breath. Wondering if it was the right moment to bring this up or if I should wait till later I took another thoughtful breath. "I need to know why you think that you suddenly liked me and if it is just because of the change that has recently happened" his face fell slowly and I scolded myself for ruining the moment.