23.

The next day,Neeta Priyanka Hiru and Illakya were walking to the lab.On the way,they saw Benny.Hiru looked at Illakya who was staring at Benny.
Benny looked at Illakya and then looked down to escape from her stare.
"Shameless people",thought Hiru.
Hirudaya was doing an important experiment in the lab when she heard her professor call her name.
She looked up and saw Addy standing next to him.
"Addy wants to discuss something about fresher's party with you.Please go",said the professor.
"Yes sir",she said and went in.
She followed Addy to the auditorium.
It was empty.
She looked at him suspiciously.
"The others are on their way",he said.
She remained silent.
"Hiru talk to me.I cannot bear your silence",he said.
"It is your fault and not mine",she replied.
"I kissed you but is it not the right of two people in relationship.Don't you think I have a right on you",asked Addy.
Hiru's eyes went wide.
"Who said we are in a relationship?You are only trying to use me",she said.
"Stop your using crap.I don't want to use you.I love you damn it",he said.
She looked at him surprised.
"You kissed me and to pacify me you say you love me?",asked Hiru.
"God how do I prove it to you",he asked frustrated.
"You don't have to.If you love someone truly,we can see it in your actions",she said.
"Wanting to kiss you is also a part of my passion towards you.Why don't you understand?",he asked.
She fell silent.
"Your thoughts are killing me.Your silence is deafening me.I want you to be the first person I see ever day and the last person I see before going to bed.I want to live with you and die in your hands",he said.
Hiru felt suddenly emotional.She could not talk.Her voice quivered.
She looked at his eyes.There was no lies in it.His eyes were wet.The pain travelled through her.She was about to say something when the other guys entered the auditorium.
Addy quickly wiped his eyes.
"Hai guys.You are already here",said the final year coordinator.
Hiru just smiled.
"Hiru we will be conducting the fresher's party for the first years in a few weeks.We were impressed at your stage background last time.We want you to come up with a good one again this time also.",said the senior.
"Sure sir",said Hiru.
"You can take the help of other students who helped you last year.We will select few first year students and ask them to join you.We want the theme next week",said the senior.
"Addy you can organize the events like last year.I want it to be more successful and entertaining than the last year",said the senior.
"OK sir",said Addy.
"OK you guys can leave now.Ask Priyanka and Neeta to meet us later",said the senior.
"OK sir",said Hiru and left the auditorium.
In the lunch break,Neeta asked,"So what theme are you planning ?",asked Neeta.
"No idea",said Hiru.
"It better be the worst.How about Halloween so that all look like devils",said Neeta.
Priyanka laughed at her.
"Why did the senior call both of you",asked Illakya.
"To include us in dance teams",said Priyank.
"Neeta!Are you dancing this time?",asked Hiru

"Oh I am not interested yaar.This senior insisted me to join",said Neeta.
"Tell him you can't dance",said Hiru.
"I told him.He asked me to do the speeches like last year",she said.
"That is a better option isn't it",asked Hiru.
"Well I not interested in that either.I just feel like sitting at home on that day",said Neeta.
"Why is that",asked Illakya.
"I don't know",said Neeta.
"I guess you are bored because you are not talking to Mithun.",said Priyanka.
Neeta thought for a moment.
"That may be true",she thought.
She saw in the far end.Mithun was walking with Priya.
"Look at that",said Neeta.
Illakya looked at her with hatred filled eyes.
"This girls seems to be with every guy",said Priyanka.
"She might be a friendly girl",said Hiru.
"We can find out with one's face if she is friendly or a flirt",said Neeta.
"This one is a flirt material.The only guy,I haven't seen her with is Addy",said Neeta.

Hiru straightened with the mention of Addy's name.Partly because she did not want that to happen and partly because she wanted to be normal when they spoke of him.
"The reason for your fight with Mithun is silly",said Hiru to change the topic.
"I don't care.He thinks I can't survive without him",said Neeta.
"Did he say that?",asked Hiru.
"Yes",said Neeta.
Hiru sighed ,"You guys fight like 3 year old",she said.

"OK girls I want all of you to come home tomorrow",said Neeta.
"For what",asked Priyanka.
"It is my birthday",said Neeta.
"Oh God how did I forget",cried Hiru.
"OK all of us are going to have loads of fun tomorrow",said Neeta.
"Sure",said Priyanka.
The next day,Neeta for the first time wore a sky blue salwaar.She looked absolutely gorgeous.
She entered the class and all the guys gaped at her.
Everyone asked her what was special but she just smiled and said ,"Nothing".
During the short break,Neeta was chatting with Illakya.
"Neeta you are wanted by the seniors in the auditorium",said a guy.
She looked around to find Hiru but she was not there.
She took Illakya with her and went to the auditorium.
The auditorium was silent and dark and no one was there.
"What the hell!",said Neeta and turned to leave when she heard a chorus.
"Happy birthday to you",sang a number of students together but no sign of anyone around her.
Then the lights were switched on and to her surprise all her classmates and a few seniors stood on the stage singing and wishing her.
She did not know how to react.She felt shy.
She slowly climbed the steps and went to stand next to Hiru.
Addy placed a table in front of her and Mithun appeared from the dark with a large cake box.
She was surprised as hell.
He placed the cake on the table and opened it.It was a beautiful chocolate cake and the words"Happy birthday Neeta" was written.
He placed the candles and lit it.Everyone started singing again and Neeta blew the candles and cut the cake.She gave the first piece to Hiru and then to all the people around her.She finally came to Mithun who was smiling at her."Happy birthday,my hot headed friend",he said and Neeta took a piece of cake to feed him.
He opened his mouth but she pressed the cream all over his face.
"Neeta!",he yelled.
Everyone laughed.He took a piece and ran after her.
"I'll kill you Mithun.Don't spoil my dress.It is costly ",she yelled while running around the stage.
Hiru looked at them both and smiled.She suddenly caught Addy looking at her.He brought her a piece of cake but she declined.
"What the hell is happening here"
The crowd heard someone yell from the entrance.
"Omg.cover the cake.Take it backstage",said Addy but it was too late.
The professor had seen the cake.
He approached them and Neeta stood glued to the ground.
"Who arranged this party?",asked the professor.
Addy moved forward but Mithun pushed him back and said," I did".
"Who gave you permission to use the college auditorium for personal use",he yelled.
Everyone was silent.
"You better come to my office in the lunch break.If you don't give a satisfactory explanation,I will take disciplinary action on you",he yelled.
"Clear out all of you.Go to your classes",he added.
Neeta took a piece of cake and went near him.
"Sir I am sorry for what happened.It is my birthday and I need your blessings sir",she said and gave him the cake.
He took a small piece from it and said,"God bless you"
Neeta winked at Mithun after the professor turned to leave and Mithun grinned at her.
During lunch Mithun went to meet the professor.
He was warned and asked to pay a fine and also clean the stage.
Neeta Hiru and Addy accompanied him and cleaned the auditorium.
"You know I haven't even swept my room.Whoever asked you for the surprise",complained Neeta.
"Didn't you feel happy",asked Mithun.
"I was overjoyed but what if you were suspended",she asked.
"Nobody would suspend for such a dumb reason.Don't even open your mouth to reveal your intelligence",he teased.
"Oh shut up",said Neeta.
Hiru and Addy were sikenly doing their work.
"What is wrong with you guys.Aren't you both speaking?",asked Neeta.

"Screw you observation.They aren't speaking for more than a week now",said Mithun as he emptied the contents of the dust pan into the dustbin.
"Really?After we watched movie and Addy left before it was over?",she asked.
"Yes",said Mithun.
"Why Addy?What is wrong?",asked Neeta.
"We just had a misunderstanding",he said.
Hiru did not want to face Neeta because Neeta told her everything but she did not have the guts to tell her what happened between them.
Luckily Neeta did not ask her.She gave her a long look and stayed silent.
Neeta and Addy were happy that the four of them were together again.