6.

Hirudaya hung herself.She felt the saree tighten around her neck.She could not breathe.She threw her legs up and down.She struggled as the saree around her neck started cutting her oxygen supply gradually.She closed her eyes and prayed that God take her life quickly so she need not have to bear the pain on her neck.
She opened her eyes suddenly.The hold on her neck seemed to loosen.The pain seemed to reduce gradually.The knot which she tied on the fan loosened and she fell to the ground.She look around.It was a valley.A beautiful scenery was in front of her.She was standing at the edge of a valley.She could see the high mountains and the sun and the river far from the valley.
She turned around and there was green grass all around.
"Wow!what place is this.Now wait.Am I dead.Is this heaven ?or am I dreaming.I remember hanging myself but where on earth did I land up.Do all the people who die come here?",she ranted loudly.
"God I am so confused.Please help me",she shouted.

A bright light appeared in front of her.She closed her eyes to escape the brightness of the light.
She slowly opened her eyes and what she found made her dumb-struck.

It was a fairy.The usual fairy that appears in fairy tales and movies.She had black curly hair which was left loose.She wore a white full length gown and she had wings,not the wings that children use for fancy dress competition but real wings made of flesh.It was white too.
She had a beautiful face and she was smiling at me.
"Fairy?",Asked Hiru.
"Yes I am your fairy God mother",said the fairy.

"But you look young.How?",said Hiru.

The fairy just smiled at her.
"Sorry for the stupid question",said Hiru.

"I am supposed to be dead but how did I come here or maybe it is my soul that is talking to you now",said Hiru.

"No. You are not dead.Your life does not end so soon.You have so many duties to perform in future.You still have so many things to enjoy in your life",said the fairy.

"Enjoy?with Rhithvik.That will never happen",said Hiru sadly.

"OK then what do you want",asked the fairy.
"Um.....sorry?what should I answer now",said Hiru.

"What boon do you want to live a happy life",asked the fairy again in a sweet voice.

Hiru gaped at her in shock.Boon?Really.Can you change my life?",asked Hiru.

"Of course I can",said the fairy.

"I don't want to live with Rhithvik",said Hiru.

"Is that all?",asked the fairy.

"Um wait wait let me think",said Hiru hurriedly.

The fairy just nodded and said,"Take your time"

She paced around thinking deeply.She wanted to correct all the blunders she had done in her life.She jotted out one by one and finally made a decision.
She turned around and was shocked that she was alone.Something griped her stomach,a feeling of insecurity and fright.

"Fairy?Fairy?",she called.

"I am here", said the fairy behind her.
A feeling of relief swept her face.
"You gave me the shock of my life.I thought I would be stuck here for the rest of my life",said Hiru.

The fairy smiled sweetly at her.

"Have you decided what you want",asked the fairy.

"Yes.I want to re-live my past",said Hiru.

The fairy looked surprised but then nodded.

"I did not study in a good college so I could not get a better job.I took up jobs that came to me where I met Rhithvik.I want to delete this part completely from my life.I want study in the best college ,get a better job and raise the financial standard of my family and then marry someone whom my parents choose",said Hiru.

"So I would like to go ten years back in my life.I mean back to 2006 when I was at home after writing my 12th exams",finished Hiru.

The fairy sighed and said,"Granted but on a condition"
"What is it ",asked Hiru eagerly.

"You will re-live your past but you will not start fresh.You will very well remember all that happened in these 10 years.",said the fairy.

"What!no.I don't want to remember these horrible days I spent with Rhithvik",said Hiru.

"It is a warning for you so that you don't fall into the same life that you are suffering now",said the fairy.

"I don't understand",said Hiru.

"Life is a challenge.You have to take it up.You cannot escape from it.You will be meeting all the people whom who have met in these 10 years.How ever far you go from them,they will cross your path in some way or the other.In the same way Rhithvik will appear in your life again.He may or may not fall in love with you but if he does you should remember not to accept him or else you will land up in the same life that you suffered so long and the past that you are going to re-live will be forever.You can never change it however horrible it is.So be very careful in letting in people in your life.Keep the good ones and throw away the ones that have created the pain in you.So that is the reason Igave you the memory of these 10years so that you don't fall into the endless trap again",said the fairy.

Hiru's head was spinning.She could not take the fact all at once.
"Will the people around me remember too",she asked.
The fairy smiled at her as if it was a very silly question.
"No",she replied.

"So I will be 10 years back in my life.I can re-live my past as I want.I will come across all the people who I have met and it is my wish to keep them or avoid them.OK so that was a better option so that I don't fall for Rhithvik again.This is my final opportunity and if I make any mistake it cannot be amend forever",said Hiru loudly.

"That is right.So are you ready",said the fairy.

Hiru hugged the fairy in excitement."I am ready",said Hiru and closed her eyes.