12.

One week had passed but nothing ever changed.Illakya kept proposing to a senior guy every day,Neeta was writing assignments once in two days and Hiru was picking up and dropping Addy.Priyanka was lucky because after her dance with the guy,no senior disturbed her.
"They were probably amazed at your talent that they did not dare to ask you anything else",said Neeta and laughed.
"Girls any news about fresher's party.I am tired of driving",said Hiru.
"And I am tired of travelling by bus.I lied to my parents that my scooty is in the mechanic shop and there is some major problem with it",said Neeta.

Illakya was approaching them mumbling something.
"What happened?why are you upset",asked Neeta.
"It is that tall senior.Today was his day.I proposed to him and he accepted it",said Illakya.

"Wow that is great so your task ends there",exclaimed Hiru.

"Yeah.You have to propose until they are satisfied.Now this guy accepted so your task is completed",said Neeta happily.

"No ! That guy really loves me",said Illakya.

The girls' eyes went wide and they started laughing.
"Oh!Does he look good?What is his name?",asked Neeta.
Illakya rolled her eyes."It is better you don't know who it is.You will only tease me whenever he passes and make things more complicated for me",said Illakya.

"Trust me.I will never do that",said Neeta.

"No!I don't want to talk about him.Let's go to class",said Illakya.

Hiru signalled Neeta not to push her further and they went to class.
During lunch break,Mithun came in search of Neeta.

"Don't you have class now.I thought seniors have lunch breaks at different times",said Neeta.

He ignored her comment and took a book from his bag.
"See this assignment 4.You have to write it 20 times and give it to me tomorrow.",he said.

Neeta took the book and glanced at the assignment.It was about 4 pages.
"What the hell do you think.This is already 4 pages and you want me to write it 20 times.Is this also a kind of practise you are giving me?",she asked.

"No.This is important.This was an assignment given to us long back.I forgot to write it and that professor gave me imposition",he said.

"I cannot write.Do what you can.You thought I am your slave or what.You guys make me travel in bus everyday and I sit up at night to finish your stupid assignments.Now this",she said angrily.

Addy was approaching them and Mithun called him.
"She refuses to do my assignment",he complained like a kid.

"Do what he says or I'll make you my driver.Remember it is your task.You put your leg out and made that hot chocolate burn my face.Look at these marks on my face.You better do what he says or you will regret for messing with seniors",he warned her.

Neeta was not timid but the tone in his voice threatened her.Addy was capable of doing anything and she did not, at any cost, wanted to be his driver.She knew how hard it was.
She silently took the note book from Mithun who was smirking now.He gave Addy a hi-fi and put his hand around his shoulder.
"Damn!",whispered Neeta before she left the place.

The next day,Hiru dropped the senior and entered her class.She was surprised that Neeta did not arrive.She waited for 15 mins and still no sign of Neeta.
"What happened to her.She did not inform me that she was on leave today",thought Hiru.

She went out to the telephone booth to call her.
"Hello aunty.This is Hiru.Where is Neeta?",she asked.
After a few seconds
"Hey Hiru.Hello",said Neeta yawning.
"Why didn't you come today",asked Hiru.

"I am I'll",she said.
"But you were fine yesterday",argued Hiru.

"This is fatty fever.Very contagious",she said and laughed.