8/11: Sweet Serial Killer by georginayay

SWEET SERIAL KILLER BY georginayay

LOVE INTEREST: KAI PARKER

SUMMARY:

"See... when your family decides that you're nothing but an irredeemable piece of trash, well... I guess the best thing to do is prove them right, right?"

When Athena Jacobson thought of hell, she never thought it would be an an endless loop of a random day in 1994. So when she gets stuck in exactly that with only a sarcastic vampire and a witch without magic as her company, she begins to find that it may be worse than the alternative fiery pits that she was expecting. After all, at least being burnt would make her feel something other than boredom.

Enter Kai Parker: sarcastic sociopath, pork rind addict, and the group's only way of getting out of their tedious afterlife. As Athena grows closer to Kai, she realises that she may be falling for the very thing that will destroy her.

REVIEW BY mikaeIsons :

This book is absolutely intriguing and it immediately caught my eye first with your gorgeous cover. Then I read the introduction and was immediately smiling. I love Kai so much and I'm glad he's getting a strong love interest in this book. Athena is absolutely hilarious with Damon, they both bring out the wit in each other. Her and Kai, on the other hand, are pretty much the cutest. I mean, Athena hates him in the first few chapters but the best kinds of love start out that way.

REVIEW BY -voidPietro :

I think I cried when I saw that the love interest was Kai. He was such an amazing character and i wish that we would've gotten to see more of him in TVD. Plus the Prison Worlds were also a very nice touch. Emilia Clarke is a gorgeous face claim too! The idea of Athena thinking that her falling in love with Kai will destroy her, is such an interesting concept! I'm kind of imaging their relationship to kinda be like Damon and Elena's tbh. I'm only on chapter three, but I'm already excited to continue!

REVIEW BY margotrobbies:

To be completely honest, Kai Parker is amazing. He was such a complex character and I loved him on the show. Athena seems like a kick-ass character and I love her banter with Damon.
I was honestly squealing when you wrote out of Kai's perspective. The way he saw Athena made me smile like I was watching a puppy reunite with it's human. The interaction between them was funny and I found myself laughing a few times. I'm only on chapter three, so I can't really say much about this other then that I'm really excited to read more!

REVIEW BY beastlybones

I love Kai so much! I was so sad when they killed him off and I really wish I had gotten to see more of him. But this story is amazing. First off, I love the the face claim, Emilia Clarke is amazing! Second, I love that the story is told through the first POV and we can see into Athena's thoughts. And there are also chapters told through Kai's pov and I thought that was great. You got Kai spot on! I also really love her relationship with Damon and Bonnie. I can't wait to read more and see where you take the story!

REVIEW BY liamdunbar:

I was so excited when I saw that the love interest for this story was Kai, as he's my favourite TVD villain, and there aren't really any fics for him. From the beginning Athena intrigued me, and the way that Kai described her was amazing. Not many people are brave enough to write from Kai's perspective, and if they do, not many get it right. I love the dynamic between Athena and all of the other characters, and I'm only five chapters in. I'm already in love with this story, and I can't wait to continue!