Book One; Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

* * * * * *

I unplugged my phone from the charger and shoved it in my pocket. I pulled my hood over my head and slipped on my converse. I quietly snuck out of the cabin.

The mall wasn’t too far from here. It was maybe a mile. I remember passing  it when I arrived at camp.

I put my headphones in my ears and started to walk.

I put it on shuffle and Summer Love by One Direction came on.

Can't believe you're packing your bags
Trying so hard not to cry
Had the best time and now it's the worst time
But we have to say goodbye

Will Harry and I be together after this summer?

'Cause you were mine for the summer
Now we know it's nearly over
Feels like snow in September
But I always will remember
You were my summer love
You always will be my summer love

Is this just a summer fling? I don’t want him to forget about me.

So please don't make this any harder
We can't take this any farther
And I know there's nothing that I wanna change, change

I want us to be together. I don’t want him to go away. I really need to win final jam so I can spend more time with him. It would also start my professional music career.

You always will be my summer love

I let out a big sigh. I was getting closer to the mall. I was jogging at this point because I was scared that it was pitch black out. I could barely see where I was going. Every now and then a car would go by along the side of the road, with the headlights flashing right on me.

This is really creepy.

I started to run faster and I finally saw the mall in the distance.

I took a deep breath and spotted a car parked that I recognized.

I speed walked over to it. I saw Nick in the front seat. He saw me walking and hopped out of his car.

Oh my God, he looked awful. His dark hair was going in all different directions and he looked like he hadn’t changed his clothes in days.

“Aria,” he breathed, “Do you have the money?”

I didn’t answer him. I just stopped and stared.

He ran his hands through his hair and started to pace, “I knew you wouldn’t bring it, you little bitch!”

He slapped my face and I winced in pain.

“STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HER!!” I heard a husky voice yell.

I turned my head and saw Harry running towards us. What?!

“Oh so you told your little pop star boy toy about our meeting? How cute!” he started to come at me with clenched fists.

“I SAID STAY AWAY!” Harry jumped in front of us and pulled Nick away from me.

Harry started throwing punches at Nick while he pinned him on the ground.

“Look away Aria!”

I started to cry and I turned my body the other way.

“Come near her again, and I will make sure you are in jail for the rest of your life!” he yelled and threw one last punch.

Oh my God.

I turned back and saw a bloody Nick laying on the pavement who was half conscious.

I started to hyperventilate at the scene in front of me while my face was wet with tears.

Harry grabbed my hand and started to run back to camp, “Come on, let’s go.”

“You can’t just leave him here!”

“Yes I can, now come on!”

We walked quickly and he put his arm around me. I put my face in his chest.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked him.

“I followed you,” he gulped.

“Thank the Lord you did, otherwise I could be dead,” I breathed.

“Aria, that was not smart going to meet that man. What were you thinking?”

“I am sorry Harry, he wanted to meet me because he was in need of money. He was my ex boyfriend.”

“But why would you meet him?”

“Because he was going to hurt me!” I started to cry harder.

He kissed my temple and rubbed my back, “Shhh…it’s okay. You are safe now.”

“You mean that?”

“Yes, I do.”

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*******************************************

A/N

that was fast! this time, 30 comments and votes!

come on guys! woohoo!

we love feedback! tell us what you think!