Chapter 10

[A/N: I'm really, really sorry, but all of my updates are going to be slower now since school started. I'll still update as fast as I can, though. Hope you like it!]

Luke's POV

Great, I thought, staring out at all of the campers who were looking expectantly back at me. Now, since Percy is still in the infirmary, I get to deal with explaining what just happened. And no one's going to like him any better for it.

I signaled to Beckendorf, or Beta (everyone who hasn't revealed their identity took my idea of using the first letter of their name), and he quickly got them to shut up by saying that I would explain everything.

"So what just happened? Will Omicron be alright?"

I smiled at how much Annabeth cared about Percy, even though she didn't know who he was. "Yes, he should be fine. This has happened before, and its never kept him down for long."

She let out a breath of relief she probably hadn't even noticed she had been holding in. That's when things started going south, cuz nothing can ever work out right.

"So why do you care about him so much?" Nick questioned arrogantly. "Sounds like you know him or something."

She looked startled, like she wasn't sure what to say and wasn't used to not having the answer. "I don't know him, he just seems so familiar. I feel like I can trust him."

He sneered at that. "Right. Like we can trust someone who just almost blew up the entire Big House. Would one of you soldiers like to explain that?"

I looked nervously at the other soldiers around me. We all knew this wasn't going to go over well, but hiding it would just make it worse when it finally did come out. "Yes, I will." I said reluctantly. "The Void power in the sword must've triggered the power in Omicron, setting off both conflicting powers at the same time. If he wasn't as good as he is at controlling it, he could've leveled the entire camp."

Nick looked like he was trying to find something bad in that statement, when his face lit up. "So what are these two conflicting powers in your precious commander?" He smirked, knowing what the answer would be.

I took a deep breath. "Chaos and...Void."

There was an immediate uproar at that, mostly things like, "Void? I thought he was the bad guy!" And, "Omicron must be a spy then! Someone get him while he's still unconscious!" Of course, Nick was leading all of this, getting most of the campers to follow him and start yelling insults to us and Percy. At least some of them were trying to stop everyone, like Annabeth and Jason, even that one kid that Annabeth had saved by taking a knife. They were five seconds away from marching on the infirmary to kicking us all out of camp (I would've loved to see them try), when we heard it.

"BE QUIET!"

We all turned to the back of the amphitheater, and there stood Percy, with the deep black aura of Chaos power surrounding him. He looked downright mad, and had pretty much every right to be. Chiron was standing behind him too, looking ready to take down anyone who didn't trust Percy, which seemed odd to me.

When he spoke next, his voice was deadly calm. "What, exactly, is going on here?"

Percy's POV

As soon as I realized that who I saw was Void and Erebus, I was shot out of the dream. Well, more like nightmare.

I sat up quickly, panting, with sweat soaking the back of my neck and plastering my hair to it. Lets just say that wearing a hood 24/7 doesn't help that experience at all.

It took me a moment to gather my bearings, when I realized that I was in the infirmary. What just happened? Oh, yeah. The Void Sword. I have to make sure I don't get too close to it now, since it sets off my Void power. I can't let anyone be put in danger because of me ever again.