Chapter 6

Percy’s POV

As the portal I had created snapped shut, we all turned and looked at Chaos, wondering what could possibly be happening on Earth.

Maybe I should explain our powers really quick. Well, we all have a certain amount of Chaos powers, with me as the commander having the most. For example, I can create portals that can transport large amounts of people instantaneously, while everyone else can only create portals large enough for two or three people. I also still have the powers I gained from Void, since once that kind of power has been given, it can’t be taken back. We all also have powers related to our godly parent and we are skilled at every single weapon that has ever existed. Basically, we’re all capable of taking on gods, Titans, and giants.

Ok, sorry for the tangent, back to the story:

Chaos looked worried, which made us all shift nervously. I stepped forward and said, “You wanted to see us?”

“Yes, I fear the gods are in danger of being defeated. An enemy has joined the Titans and giants, an enemy I believe they will not be able to stop.”

“Who?”

“Void,” he answered, looking right at me.

That just made me mad. The one guy that managed to trick me and make me help the wrong side was now threatening my home, Earth. I guess I can’t really call it home anymore, my home is here, but it was my first home and I do miss it.

“What exactly do you want us to do?” I said, trying to hide how angry this bit of news made me.

“I thought that would be obvious. I need my strongest team to make sure that that does not happen. There is one other thing, though.”

“What other thing is that?” Luke asked. I could tell that he had an idea what it might be, and he actually seemed more nervous, if that’s possible.

“Regarding your identities,” he replied. “This is the only planet where it matters, so you all need to be careful. You all have specific monsters, gods, or Titans, or even all three who want revenge on you. Therefore, you must be careful with your identity. Any of you may reveal who you are whenever you want, just keep this in mind. The only exception to this is you, Omicron. I’m very sorry, but you must not, under any circumstances, reveal who you are.”

“What?! Why not?”

“You have a connection with Void, and you must do everything you can to make sure he doesn’t discover that connection. He could exploit it, and with the amount of Void power you possess, he might even be able to control you. Also, many Titans and monster hate you above all others and their desire for revenge would make them even more difficult to defeat.”

I thought that over, and as much as I hate to admit it, it did make sense. Chaos also knew now my fatal flaw would keep me from ever telling anyone who I was, because it could end up putting them in danger.

“I understand,” I replied.

“Good. I’ll enchant all of your hoods so that they may only be removed by the wearer. You will all be going to Olympus tomorrow morning, so be ready,” he said, again looking at me specifically.

“Yes, sir,” I saluted, and we marched out, all lost in our own thoughts about finally returning home.

Annabeth's POV

I appeared on Olympus with Chiron holding my arm, and we all slowly made our way up to the throne room. Basically, the Olympians don’t like it when people teleport into the throne room other than themselves, so we were stuck walking up to the throne room.