Epilogue

[A/N: The last chapter is dedicated to my sister, artemis133, also known as the Anna part of annabeth1213, for helping me come up with ideas, reading all of my chapters before I posted them, and for listening to me while I brainstormed ideas. And thanks to everyone who gave my book, just another Chaos story, a chance. It really means a lot to me. :) So, without further ado, the epilogue!]

Percy's POV

Well, there isn't much left to tell. We returned to Camp Half-Blood and started the long job of repairing everything after the multiple battles and creating shrouds for the dead. Thankfully, not very many had been killed this time, thanks to the Romans and Omega's intervention, but the former director, Nick, was among the dead.

Annabeth and I led the effort to rebuild the camp, with the help of the Romans, and we actually worked well together. A lot of us were even sad to see them go when they finally left to start rebuilding their camp. We offered to help, but Reyna said our presence would just make things worse. Caligula was already upset that some of the Romans had left to help us Greeks.

When they left, we had to decide who would be the new leaders of the camp, since both Chiron and Nick had been killed. When the campers offered one position to Annabeth, everyone agreed that she deserved it. When they offered me the other position, I tried to refuse to take it, since I felt that Chiron's death had been completely my fault. It took some time for Annabeth and my other friends to convince me, but eventually I accepted the position and the two of us became the new directors of the camp.

In fact, Chiron was the one who changed my mind in the end. Nico summoned his spirit one night when I was being particularly hard on myself for his death, and he told me it wasn't my fault and he didn't blame me. He said he was incredibly proud of me and that if I truly wanted to honor his memory, I should accept the position, so I did.

To make sure that Chiron would never be forgotten, I made a statue of him in front of the Big House with almost all of the Chaos energy I had left. The Hephaestus campers even reinforced it with  various types of metal, so no one will ever be able to take it down.

Even though I had said goodbye to the Chaos soldiers, I didn't forget about them. I didn't have much left, but I still possessed just enough Chaos power to talk to them from time to time. They even started visiting camp whenever they had a break between missions.

They told us that Chaos and Omega were still getting along much better than Void and Chaos had, and they weren't interfering with any planet directly. They had even combined their armies, and the Chaos soldiers were enjoying making new friends.

Other than that, my life almost went back to normal. With the camp completely repaired, I had plenty of free time to spend with Alec and Annabeth. It took me a while to get to know Alec, and for him to get to know me, but he was pretty open to the idea of having a father, which helped a lot. We spent most of our time sparring with our identical swords, and I also taught him about the power he had from Poseidon, since he had never used it before.

Annabeth and I have a lot to catch up on, having spent almost 300 years apart, but we quickly got used to each other's company again. We've been inseparable ever since, and many of our friends have told me that they haven't seen Annabeth so happy in a very long time.

Camp Half-Blood has never been safer than it is now, and many attribute that fact to my new training programs, but I think it's all due to the hard work that every demigod has been putting in to become better fighters. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a bunch of Chaos soldiers on speed dial.

So, that's it. That's the story of how I was taken from my home, away from my friends and family, and after hundreds of years, finally found my way back. The years have changed us, but our friendship never faltered, and never will. It's good to be home.

THE END