Chapter 7

[A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, I had a really crazy week. With band camp starting Monday and school starting soon, I don’t know when I’ll be updating, but I will as fast as I can.]

Nico’s POV

I stepped through the portal behind Annabeth and Omicron, and was suddenly standing on Half-Blood Hill. Annabeth looked like she was about to kill the commander for dragging her through the portal, but I locked her arms behind her back and told her to calm down. When she got like that, only the rest of the Seven (except for Nick), Chiron, or Thalia could calm her down. Or sometimes that immortal Athena camper…

Yes, I am part of the Seven. The Seven is: me, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, and Nick. According to Rachel, Nick replaced Percy and I took Frank’s place after he died at the Doors of Death. He’s the one that stayed behind to close them. I still feel guilty about that…I mean, if he had survived, he would’ve got immortality instead of me. Anyway, the only other immortal camper is that weird Athena camper, Alec. Something’s always been off about him.

We walked down the hill towards the cabins, and I was glad that it hadn’t changed much in the past three hundred years. We had all of the cabins that had been added after Percy’s wish, but that was really the only difference from when I had seen it the very first time. Still the same old Camp Half-Blood, which is a very, very good thing if you ask me.

The other campers all ran up to us, curious about the twelve newcomers. One of the twelve seemed to take a particular interest in me, but I ignored it.

“Campers!” Nick yelled. Of course, he has to be the one to let everyone know what’s going on. I suppose it’s his job, but he liked sounding smarter than everyone else. “Chaos has decided that it’s necessary to send us aid, which I’m sure we won’t need, but we might as well accept it for now. We can show them that their assistance is not required, since all of our skills as campers will surely surpass theirs (by this he meant himself only), and also that we will easily win this war.”

I was about to speak up and knock him down a few pegs, when naturally Annabeth beat me to it. “Nick, you know this war will be the most difficult we have ever faced. We need all the help we can get, and you should just get over yourself and accept it!”

“I am the director of this camp and you will treat me with respect! Do you want to be exiled for a few more years? I-”

“Yes, I’m sure this is all fascinating,” Omicron interrupted, “but since we will be working with each other for the foreseeable future, I believe you should do as Ms. Chase suggest.” He said the word ‘foreseeable’ like it was a joke that he was using a word so long, and a few soldiers seemed amused at that.

“We don’t even know if we can trust you,” Nick added.

“Nick-” Chiron started, but Omicron just waved a hand at him. “If you knew who some of us were, would that help you out?”

Nick looked like he was about to argue, but I guess he was as curious as the rest of us, since he just nodded.