"So, what do you want to talk-"

All of a sudden, the lights in the entire mall turned off, cutting Carter off. My heart stopped. What the hell is going on?

"What the fuck?" Carter muttered.

The chatter was gone, everyone was silent as we waited for something to happen.

Suddenly gunshots sounded off throughout the mall, immediately Carter grabbed my waist and shielded me.

"Get on the ground!" he yelled, yanking my body down on the floor.

The gunshots only got louder and came faster. I closed my eyes and covered my ears as they did.

Screams were heard throughout place. This isn't how I expected today to go at all.

The gunshots instantly stopped out of nowhere but I'm scared to open my eyes.

Carters arm could still be felt as it tightly gripped my waist. His body just above mine, shielding me from any harm.

"Is everyone alright?" a voice shouted.

"C-carter?" my voice was so quiet, i barely heard myself.

I opened my eyes and waited for him to speak.

"Yeah baby? Are you okay?" He asks, slightly lifting himself up to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah of course." he nods.

The lights were turned back on shortly. The scene was terrible. At least seven people were shot in this entire section. I couldn't imagine how the rest of the mall looked like.

"Attention everyone, the mall will be closing within fifteen minutes due to recent events. We appreciate your cooperation, have a safe drive home. Thank you." the opperater said on the speaker.

"We have to go find the crew." I tell Carter.

"Yeah, c'mon." he said, walking back towards the food court.

When we reached the food court everyone was there. They all looked physically stable, which is a pretty good sign.

"Are you two alright?" Kelsey asks us as we approach them.

"Yeah, we're fine. What about you guys?" Carter asks.

"Yeah, we're good. We need to get home before that shit happens again." Zach says.

We all head to the almost cleared parking lots and made it to the cars.

"Elizabeth," Carter says.

"Yeah?"

"We can talk at the house, okay?" he says.

"Yeah, of course." I nod.

He gives me a quick smile and vanishes into his range rover.

The girls and I hop into the car with Zach and begin to drive to Chases house.

"That shit was just too crazy, don't you think?" Dre asks.

"Hell yeah it was, like how the fuck do you just cut the lights off and just start shooting everywhere?" Zach speaks.

"Who do you think it was?" Kelsey asks.

"The only idiot stupid enough to do it is Chad. I mean it has to be, right?" I say.

"I second that," Dre says.

"I swear I thought Carter and I were dead meat because the gunshots were so close to us. I was terrified." I add.

"Did you guys even get to talk?" Zach asks.

"No, just when we were about to speak the lights went off and all hell broke loose." I answer.

"We need to watch our backs.." Kelsey said out of nowhere.

"I don't feel good about this whole deal with Chad. He's getting closer and closer to us." Dre says.

"I'm scared." I admit.

Dre and Kelsey looked at me, asking me silently to go on.

"What if he actually kills one of us? We've all grown so close in such short time." I explain.

"Don't talk like that, Elizabeth. Yeah, the possiblities are high but just don't say that. The guys and I are going to protect you with everything we've got. You'll be fine, Liz." Zach assures me.

But it's not myself I'm worried about.. It's Carter.

-

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm just updating here and there, I'm seriously stressed out and it's just too many things happening at once and ugh.

I have three tests to take next week so I'll possibly update on Sunday just incase I don't update next week.

**PLEAAAASE vote guys and don't forget to comment. Thank you and Love you lots ❤