Chapter 22.

Elizabeth's p.o.v.

"No." he said.

What?

"Why not?" I ask.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to stay here but I have to get home before my dad goes on a rampage.

"That's the first place they'll look when they find out that you and Chase escaped. It's safer to stay here for a while." he explained.

"What about my dad?" I ask.

"Tomorrw Alex and I will go by and get some of your clothes. I'll leave him a note telling him an excuse." he shrugged.

I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"If you need anything I'll be across the hall. The remote is on the desk if you want to watch T.V." he informed me.

"Thanks." I mumble but he left the room, closing the door.

I laid back against the soft bed and began to think.
What would my life be like if I hadn't met Carter? I'd probably still be on the cheerleading team. Mr. Denis would still be a teacher, and my leg would be fine. That's not many things though. George would've still slept with Lilly, she would still be knocked up. My dad wouldn't have to warn me about Carter even though he's hurt me more than Carter has. But.. I wouldn't be in the mess if it wasn't for Carter. I just wish I could go back in time and not meet Carter fucking Mahone.

Carter's p.o.v.

Fuck.

I hate this, I hate Jake, I hate Chad, hell. I even hate myself! I hate myself because of what danger I've put Elizabeth into. I hate the fact that she has to worry about those fuck heads.

I just wish I could end this. I know for a fact Jake and his fuck heads are going to look for Elizabeth non-stop. I have to keep her for I don't know how fucking long.

I know what you're thinking. Why don't you just kill him already? See, I've thought about that myself but Jake isn't dumb at all. I would normally just push his buttons and send him over the edge but this.. No, it has to end here.

He can't and will NOT hurt Elizabeth anymore than he already has. That's a promise.
Out of the blue, my phone began ringing. I grabbed it from beside me. Without checking the caller I.D. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Yo, Carter." it was Alex.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just calling to make sure you and Elizabeth got home safely." he said.

"Yeah, we're good. I think she's still a little bit shook up about the whole thing. I'm going to check up on her in a little bit." I replied.

"Good to hear, man. I'll see you tomorrow." he says.

"Aight." I hang up the phone.

I get off of the bed and my stomach starts to rumble. Damn it, I'm hungry.

I walk next door to my spare bedroom and open the door to see Elizabeth watching Spongebob. I slightly smile and walk in further.

"Hey." I sat on the bed next to her.

"Hi."

"You hungry? We could go to get some food." I offer.

"Um.. I don't know. What did you have in mind?" she asks.

"Anything you want, it's on me." I answer.

"Well.. I don't know." she shrugged.

"Um.. How does pizza sound?" I ask.